Sign in with
Your question

Nokia 8260 or Panasonic TX210

Last response: in General Connectivity
May 6, 2001 11:22:10 AM

I have a Nextel i1000plus, which was a great phone, but the plans up here in Canada just suck, so i'm getting rid of it.
I'm stuck between the 8620, or the TX210, anyone use either of these?
June 4, 2001 6:34:51 PM

I don't know anything about the Panasonic TX210 (I might look for it and come back), but I have the Nokida 8260 and I love it. It's the perfect size, has lots of great features, and you can probably find it somewhere for $40 or so (what I paid for it).

Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?
June 4, 2001 6:40:24 PM

Ok, I had a quick look, and I've seen that phone around. It's a decent amount bigger, but it has the speaker phone and a larger phone book (400 vs 250) the Nokia has more rings (since we're talking about memory) @ 30+5 vs 16+14 (fuzzy math).
As for looks, they're both pretty sweet. Prices, battery life, etc are about the same.

I'm a Nokia fan, which is the reason I got mine, but they're both nice.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 6, 2001 8:30:23 PM

Thanks

I actually ended up getting the 8260. The panasonic was a little cheaper, plus it came with a head set, but i still went for the Nokia. The Panasonic seemed like an alright phone for features, but the Nokia's menues are much easier to navigate, and also, the buttons and face plate on the panasonic seemed very poor quality. I've been using the Nokia for a little while now and I really like it. I kind of miss some of the really neat features of the Nextel phone, like the direct connect, but the 8260 is definitely a lot nicer to use.

Too bad those nokia phones that are split down the middle, then open up with a computer screen and a keyboard on the inside aren't avalible in north america yet.

<font color=red> To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism, to steal ideas from many is research.</font color=red>
June 7, 2001 2:40:32 PM

The communicator? Well...I could've been one of the first 20 people in the US to have one, but I didn't feel like spending $500, since I was unemployed at the time (this was about 2 months ago). They're out...but not officially.

June 7, 2001 7:48:14 PM

Sure would have been cool though. On a similar note, My parents were chosen basically as beta testers for the phone company, to test out new phones and services. Doesn't do much for me anymore, but every couple months when they get one, I still have to go over and show them how to work it. The one they've got now is this big black thing with a computer screen, that I swear is bigger than the screen on the old Mac's. Pretty cool stuff.

<font color=red> To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism, to steal ideas from many is research.</font color=red>
!