its me again ... i know i know, its strange that i am in here, but what can i say, i like to help ... heheh
a little Background: Country - India Industry - Art Education (Private) Industry Giants - Aptech Multimedia | Maximedia (NIIT) | MAAC (Maya Animation Academy)
well a couple of my friends are looking to start an Animation & Graphics Institute and they are looking for some advice (TRUST ME, THEY LOOKING FOR A COMPLETE KNOW HOW ... )
- How to survey the market without paying to a third party agencies (basically, if you go out in the market and take the curriculum know how, what are the basic questions to be asked so that they can evaluate the market status late.)
- How to Calculate the fees Structure
- How to estimate the Student Registrations Per Month
- And Most Important (VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT & URGENT to be honest ... this is where i got stuck with them.)
- - HOW TO GET GRAPHIC SOFTWARE FOR CHEAP?
- - we would also like to know, how do these Software Companies help a Private Educational Institutes to put in very less amount of money and get started with the business?
- - what is the scenario in India? (if anyone has dealt with them in India!)
- - if they dont help us, is there any way to get a software which is already used by someone and get the registration transferred?
- - in India, there is no (almost none) concept of Animation College/School which is run by an educational institution. there are a few giants and a lot of local "classes" which start offering these courses at a very nominal rates (of course giving you a very superficial knowledge of the software). i am not sure how these classes work but i have asked my friends to try and get genuine software and if possible get all the free educational versions of the software for practice and while teaching use one unlimited package (originally licensed or secondhand/used if possible) as they are not backed by a huge investment and are working on a shoestring budget, it doesnt make much sense investing too much into software. but of course no legal hassles are welcome so it makes more sense to be legally correct in these things.
The institute will be giving a thorough knowledge to the student of Graphics/Animation/Post Production/Cartoon.
Any Advice and help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You So Very Much!