Sign in with
Your question

Shutdown laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
September 20, 2010 10:40:01 AM

I am using sony vaio VGNCR343N laptop from 2009 may onwards.. Now i have problem that it turn off randomnly without any reason. if turn off problem started once then it repeat again and again. Sometime it works 2-3more hours without any problem. I think the laptop turn off only, when i am using Visual studio like large applications. Laptop warrenty period are over. I gave it in a service center, they said that some chips in the motherboard of this laptop is complainted and also they have no interest to repair that chips, only interst to replacing motherboard, its cost is 15,000 more.what can i do? Can i repair that deadly chips? please give me a answer as soon as possible.....

More about : shutdown laptop

a b V Motherboard
September 20, 2010 11:48:15 AM

Random shutdowns can be related to a number of things, but if it was a desktop I would guess you may have a bricked operating system.

Considering its a laptop and the symptoms you suggest, I'd say overheating is your problem. Unfortunately if the laptop is notorious for failing chips there isn't much you can do about that, getting it repaired will cost more than it is worth.

For now I would think of investing in a laptop cooler. This may allow you to run cpu intensive programs a bit longer. Its possible that damage may have occurred that is irreparable. But it can't hurt.

You're ultimately going to be better off buying a new machine. I recommend you read reviews carefully before purchasing. here's a link or two.
www.pcworld.com
http://www.notebookcheck.net/

Also I would check into a longer warranty if it isn't too expensive to extend.
!