Opinions on Safecracker?

I'm narrowing down on the last pinball for my collection.

(Current frontrunner is Whirlwind, thanks to the advice and concensus of
r.g.pinballers everywhere.)

I'd like opinions on Safecracker please. Good game? Got longevity?

I already have Travel Time, an old EM that works with a clock rather
than a set number of balls, which is quite novel. I'm thinking an up to
date clock-based machine might be fun. The Token-giving novelty of
Safecracker also looks cool.

TIA,

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

I played one last week, I didn't like it at all.
glad I played it before buying one, it in was mint shape too.

Troy,

"Virt U Al" <virtual@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> I'm narrowing down on the last pinball for my collection.
>
> (Current frontrunner is Whirlwind, thanks to the advice and concensus of
> r.g.pinballers everywhere.)
>
> I'd like opinions on Safecracker please. Good game? Got longevity?
>
> I already have Travel Time, an old EM that works with a clock rather
> than a set number of balls, which is quite novel. I'm thinking an up to
> date clock-based machine might be fun. The Token-giving novelty of
> Safecracker also looks cool.
>
> TIA,

I had one in my collection for 7 months. Its a very different kind of
pin and I had fun with it briefly but my collection is not big enough
for such a novel game. Ive just sold it and replaced it with another
two (regular) pins.
Marc.c(uk)

Troy wrote:
> I played one last week, I didn't like it at all.
> glad I played it before buying one, it in was mint shape too.
>

> Troy,
>

> "Virt U Al" <virtual@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> > I'm narrowing down on the last pinball for my collection.
> >
> > (Current frontrunner is Whirlwind, thanks to the advice and concensus of
> > r.g.pinballers everywhere.)
> >
> > I'd like opinions on Safecracker please. Good game? Got longevity?
> >
> > I already have Travel Time, an old EM that works with a clock rather
> > than a set number of balls, which is quite novel. I'm thinking an up to
> > date clock-based machine might be fun. The Token-giving novelty of
> > Safecracker also looks cool.
> >
> > TIA,

safecracker is a fun game.
but if you have only a few pins i wouldn't buy it.
there are a lot of better pins.

safecracker is the perfect pinball to play by your frind :)

pascal - www.flipperfarm.be

I don't own one, but I've spent A LOT of time
playing them. This game is a blast to play. I
do hope to add one to the pile someday. I think
it has long term playability, myself. (At least
at home.)

Still mad for passing this up when they were
on closeout. :mad: ($1900)

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
=========================
Virt U Al wrote:

> I'd like opinions on Safecracker please. Good game? Got longevity?

SC is awesome, a great addition to a multi pin collection. It is very
difficult though and some luck is involved once you get into the safe.
I have all DMD games with the exception of FH. I think it's great and
it is the first pin all of my kids friends go to and remember most
(ages 14-18). Its great for a quick game of pinball because the game
just won't last that long. Not one you'd want for your only pin, but
it's a keeper.

Buddy

I had one and sold it. The guy I sold it to just recently sold it. I'm a
safe cracker by trade, so I bought to tie in to my occupation. I so
wanted this safe to work, but it didn't. EVERYONE played this game...
at least once.

It didn't go over well. Buy hey, maybe you'll love it too. That's the
beauty of pinball. Some here even say they love Popeye. ;-)

Harry
"Cokey" <cokeyblokey@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I had one in my collection for 7 months. Its a very different kind of
> pin and I had fun with it briefly but my collection is not big enough
> for such a novel game. Ive just sold it and replaced it with another
> two (regular) pins.
> Marc.c(uk)
>

> Troy wrote:
>> I played one last week, I didn't like it at all.
>> glad I played it before buying one, it in was mint shape too.
>>

>> Troy,
>>

>> "Virt U Al" <virtual@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm narrowing down on the last pinball for my collection.
>> >
>> > (Current frontrunner is Whirlwind, thanks to the advice and concensus
>> > of
>> > r.g.pinballers everywhere.)
>> >
>> > I'd like opinions on Safecracker please. Good game? Got longevity?
>> >
>> > I already have Travel Time, an old EM that works with a clock rather
>> > than a set number of balls, which is quite novel. I'm thinking an up
>> > date clock-based machine might be fun. The Token-giving novelty of
>> > Safecracker also looks cool.
>> >
>> > TIA,

i just got one and like it alot because it is so differnt from my other
pinballs
also it is really cool to have a majic token roll down at you

I thought safecracker was a very unique game with a lot of long term
replay value if you like games like that. I own a whirlwind and love
it. If this is going into a "family" gameroom then I'd probably say go
with whirlwind.

>I'd like opinions on Safecracker please. Good game? Got longevity?

Honestly, I thought it was garbage. I wasn't impressed in the least
and I can't believe people pay so much for them. There are many, many
games that are much better and can be had for a lot less.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I personally didn't like this machine either. But then again I preffer
wide body machines.

-Chris

Troy wrote:
> I played one last week, I didn't like it at all.
> glad I played it before buying one, it in was mint shape too.
>

> Troy,
>

> "Virt U Al" <virtual@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> > I'm narrowing down on the last pinball for my collection.
> >
> > (Current frontrunner is Whirlwind, thanks to the advice and concensus of
> > r.g.pinballers everywhere.)
> >
> > I'd like opinions on Safecracker please. Good game? Got longevity?
> >
> > I already have Travel Time, an old EM that works with a clock rather
> > than a set number of balls, which is quite novel. I'm thinking an up to
> > date clock-based machine might be fun. The Token-giving novelty of
> > Safecracker also looks cool.
> >
> > TIA,

>I played one last week, I didn't like it at all.
> glad I played it before buying one, it in was mint shape too.

I didn't like it the first time I played it either. But, once you figure
out the times aspect of the game, playing the board game to win tokens or
time and having a token roll down the glass it's quite fun.

Put the token in the coin door and play "Assault on the Vault" a 90 second
multiball extravaganza similar to LITZ on steroids!

If you didn't get a chance to do all the above, I suggest trying again until
you do and then decide.

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

I've only been able to play the game once and I liked it quite a bit.
Seems to be very different than your average game of the era -
especially with the timer and the 2" flippers. I liked the backbox
game (although I didn't completely understand it), but that takes away
from "pinball" in it's truest sense as you don't bat the ball around
while playing the backbox game (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I
would say if you want something different (and can find and afford one)
go for it! I'd love to find one of these myself. Keep in mind if you
find one and don't like it, you should have no problems selling it -
people seem to be after these quite a bit.

I have a Travel Time also - very unique and lots of fun!

Good luck with your search,

Mike

Scott

Its a dog. People here only like it because its "novel" and a Lawlor
game. I played it for 1/2 hour at the Pinball Parlour last week (2nd
time I've tried to "like" the game). I kept thinking I would "get it"
and never did.

WWWWAAAAYYYY too many other games out there. Heck, at the Pinball
Parlour he had several Sys11 games that kicked Safecracker's butt - FH,
Ww, ES, Pinbot, HS, BR - I'd take ANY of them over Safecracker!

I won't even go in to how many other DMD games are far superior to that
game in the fun-factor, including some GTB Sys3 games.

If someone GAVE me the game, I would turn around and sell it (or at
least try to) within a week so I could spend the money on another, more
traditional and FUN game.

Later

I believe Safe Cracker wasn't designed to be a regular pin anyway -
didn't they label it a new kind of pinball: "Token Pin" or something
like that? Guess the idea never really took hold (like Pinball 2000).

Mike

Definitely a keeper in a multi-game collection. Lot's to do:
+Board Game is excellent and entertaining even though its not pinball.
+Extra "Assault on the Vault" game is fun and a great reward for a
game well played.
+Multiball!
+Ramps
+Vari-target
+drop targets
+cellar holes
+tokens
+great artwork
+great implementation of the theme.

Play this one then go play a regular sized game and you will think the
regular sized game has slowed down.

My 8 year old nephew plays this one for hours and runs me out of
tokens. He kicks everybodies A$$ that plays him now so bad that it is
funny.

miknren

I really dislike this game alot, be certain to try before you buy !

"pinballjim" <pinballjim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I'd like opinions on Safecracker please. Good game? Got longevity?
>

> Honestly, I thought it was garbage. I wasn't impressed in the least
> and I can't believe people pay so much for them. There are many, many
> games that are much better and can be had for a lot less.

That's the angle I see, too. Not a good
"only" pin. You'd have to really love being
punished if it was! :)

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8

"miknren(AT)hotmail(DOT)com" <miknren@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5jfui1h803f8405t7drvm349o2p51b062i@4ax.com...

> Definitely a keeper in a multi-game collection. Lot's to do:

i LOVE PINBALL !! BUT I HATE THAT GAME !! i belive it is the only
one i don't like in general . go for the whirlwind !! my local bar
had one they replaced with a rollergames . we were more happy with that
even steve