Dell rebates

Hello

Anyone here have any experiences with Dell's rebates. Mine has been sitting
in Processing for the past 3 1/2 months. I send them emails and they say it
shows as Processing. Nothing more. I know its in Processing... it shows on
their website. They are real helpful about it.

Just wondering when others are getting theirs.

Thanks
Greg Ho
18 answers Last reply
More about dell rebates

    Similar experiences. Over three months and several dozen emails and phone
    calls; perseverance won out over incompetence and I finally got it.

    GH wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > Anyone here have any experiences with Dell's rebates. Mine has been sitting
    > in Processing for the past 3 1/2 months. I send them emails and they say it
    > shows as Processing. Nothing more. I know its in Processing... it shows on
    > their website. They are real helpful about it.
    >
    > Just wondering when others are getting theirs.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Greg Ho

    I had a similar experience. Mailed my rebate on Mar 25, never showed up
    on their website even in late May. Called them up, faxed copies, sat in
    processing for 3 weeks, and finally got it on June 25. Keep at it, let
    them not forget you.

    i have not had to ever wait over eight weeks for a rebate (which is what
    they promise). the best way to follow up is by posting a message to the
    dell talk fourms in the 'mail in rebate' board found here...
    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums?category.id=cc_mailin

    "GH" <iknowuwillspamme_@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > Anyone here have any experiences with Dell's rebates. Mine has been
    sitting
    > in Processing for the past 3 1/2 months. I send them emails and they say
    it
    > shows as Processing. Nothing more. I know its in Processing... it shows on
    > their website. They are real helpful about it.
    >
    > Just wondering when others are getting theirs.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Greg Ho

    Thanks for the suggestions and inputs. I will give more tries.

    > i have not had to ever wait over eight weeks for a rebate (which is what
    > they promise). the best way to follow up is by posting a message to the
    > dell talk fourms in the 'mail in rebate' board found here...
    > http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums?category.id=cc_mailin
    >

    > "GH" <iknowuwillspamme_@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > Hello
    > >
    > > Anyone here have any experiences with Dell's rebates. Mine has been
    > sitting
    > > in Processing for the past 3 1/2 months. I send them emails and they say
    > it
    > > shows as Processing. Nothing more. I know its in Processing... it shows
    on
    > > their website. They are real helpful about it.
    > >
    > > Just wondering when others are getting theirs.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Greg Ho

    I've applied for seven Dell rebates. The longest took 7 weeks, the shortest
    2. None required any follow up.

    Clearly they have occasional problems, but considering they process
    millions, the problems are small.

    There is a specific forum on Dell's community site where you can ask for
    help. My understanding is that their response is within 24 hours.

    Tom
    "GH" <iknowuwillspamme_@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > Anyone here have any experiences with Dell's rebates. Mine has been
    sitting
    > in Processing for the past 3 1/2 months. I send them emails and they say
    it
    > shows as Processing. Nothing more. I know its in Processing... it shows on
    > their website. They are real helpful about it.
    >
    > Just wondering when others are getting theirs.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Greg Ho

    Yes, that's true, it helped me.

    > Posting your complaint to their public forum will bring action
    immediately.

    I just sent them another email after it being a month since the last one I
    sent. If they tell me the same story I will complain on the boards.

    Thanks a lot to everyone

    "Tony" <poiwerpoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
    > Yes, that's true, it helped me.
    >

    > > Posting your complaint to their public forum will bring action
    > immediately.

    I think all Dell rebates are being processed in India.
    > I just sent them another email after it being a month since the last one I
    > sent. If they tell me the same story I will complain on the boards.
    >
    > Thanks a lot to everyone
    >

    > "Tony" <poiwerpoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
    > > Yes, that's true, it helped me.
    > >

    > > > Posting your complaint to their public forum will bring action
    > > immediately.

    My last Dell rebate came in four weeks. Don't procrastinate. Call Dell now.

    "GH" <iknowuwillspamme_@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > Anyone here have any experiences with Dell's rebates. Mine has been
    sitting
    > in Processing for the past 3 1/2 months. I send them emails and they say
    it
    > shows as Processing. Nothing more. I know its in Processing... it shows on
    > their website. They are real helpful about it.
    >
    > Just wondering when others are getting theirs.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Greg Ho

    "GH" <iknowuwillspamme_@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > Anyone here have any experiences with Dell's rebates. Mine has been
    sitting
    > in Processing for the past 3 1/2 months. I send them emails and they say
    it
    > shows as Processing. Nothing more. I know its in Processing... it shows on
    > their website. They are real helpful about it.
    >
    > Just wondering when others are getting theirs.

    I would call (sales NOT support) and explain the problem.
    My rebates (two systems) took about 3 weeks from the day I mailed them to
    get the check.

    What a pain. Called them up this morning. They said I was missing an item
    when I followed and sent in everything they asked for. Now they are asking
    for something else.
    Hopefully this is the end.

    "GH" <iknowuwillspamme_@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > Anyone here have any experiences with Dell's rebates. Mine has been
    sitting
    > in Processing for the past 3 1/2 months. I send them emails and they say
    it
    > shows as Processing. Nothing more. I know its in Processing... it shows on
    > their website. They are real helpful about it.
    >
    > Just wondering when others are getting theirs.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Greg Ho

    Just curious. What were you missing?

    Tom
    > What a pain. Called them up this morning. They said I was missing an item
    > when I followed and sent in everything they asked for. Now they are asking
    > for something else.
    > Hopefully this is the end.
    >
    > "GH" <iknowuwillspamme_@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > Hello
    > >
    > > Anyone here have any experiences with Dell's rebates. Mine has been
    > sitting
    > > in Processing for the past 3 1/2 months. I send them emails and they say
    > it
    > > shows as Processing. Nothing more. I know its in Processing... it shows
    on
    > > their website. They are real helpful about it.
    > >
    > > Just wondering when others are getting theirs.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Greg Ho

    I signed up through Dell to get Verizon DSL. They needed a copy of a billing
    statement that I actually paid for the services...or that I was charged.
    They didnt tell me that ever.

    > Just curious. What were you missing?
    >
    > Tom
    > "GH" <iknowuwillspamme_@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > What a pain. Called them up this morning. They said I was missing an
    item
    > > when I followed and sent in everything they asked for. Now they are
    asking
    > > for something else.
    > > Hopefully this is the end.
    > >
    > > "GH" <iknowuwillspamme_@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > > Hello
    > > >
    > > > Anyone here have any experiences with Dell's rebates. Mine has been
    > > sitting
    > > > in Processing for the past 3 1/2 months. I send them emails and they
    say
    > > it
    > > > shows as Processing. Nothing more. I know its in Processing... it
    shows
    > on
    > > > their website. They are real helpful about it.
    > > >
    > > > Just wondering when others are getting theirs.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > > Greg Ho

    I had two rebates, sent them in , in separate envelopes . Got my
    refund checks with in 3 weeks, Easy folk to do business with just
    follow their instructions and keep photo copies

    Bingee

    > it was childish (as you say), sarcastic, and racist. you can be childish
    > and sarcastic without being racist, but he hit on all three... please
    > explain to me how it is that you don't see a racist overtone to tyler's
    > comment.

    <snip>

    Chris,

    I didn't take it as racist. Just stoopid. If the poster were being racist,
    I would've expected some stereotypical comment about Indians or some slurs.

    But you didn't ask me, so I'll butt out.

    Stew

    Tony is probably referring to the Dell Community Forums on Dell's web site.
    These are an excellent resource for help with all things Dell, from rebate
    problems to technical questions. And because the DCF is moderated you can
    get the attention of Dell employees.
    --
    Ted Zieglar
    formerly "Rocket J. Squirrel"