Pinball Dolly Mod Suggestions

Got my new Penguin Lift and it's great! One thing I'd like to improve
is it's on-carpet performance. My carpeting is not deep-pile or
anything, it's short-nap berber with high-density padding underneath.
One thing that is happening is if I jack up a game on the carpet and
try to push it around, the game is sliding on the lift frame. I have
to push the dolly to move the game.

I know I could strap the game to the dolly, but that's a bit
inconvenient to have to do all the time.

I was considering adding some type of rubber tape or friction tape to
the top frame of the dolly to improve the "grip" of the game on the
dolly.

Anyone else dealt with this yet?

On 19 Sep 2005 07:53:37 -0700, "Rondondo" <rondondo@comcast.net>
wrote:

[...]

>I was considering adding some type of rubber tape or friction tape to
>the top frame of the dolly to improve the "grip" of the game on the
>dolly.

Maybe you could get some adhesive weatherstripping from a home center
and stick it around the top edge.

The only problem with that is if you are using the dolly to load a game
into your truck or van, you can't slide the game off the dolly.

Doug

I agree, but most likely this baby will never leave my basement. I was
thinking bathtub anti-slip tape. HMMMM...

Doug Huse wrote:
> The only problem with that is if you are using the dolly to load a game
> into your truck or van, you can't slide the game off the dolly.
>
> Doug

Hey Ron,

I noticed the same thing on mine. You really need to be careful
especially with the wide ones. Easy to get the center of gravity off.

It also cannot be used on hardwood floors without damage. Has anyone
found a replacement caster that is hardwood-floor friendly?

Mark

Rondondo wrote:
> Got my new Penguin Lift and it's great! One thing I'd like to improve
> is it's on-carpet performance. My carpeting is not deep-pile or
> anything, it's short-nap berber with high-density padding underneath.
> One thing that is happening is if I jack up a game on the carpet and
> try to push it around, the game is sliding on the lift frame. I have
> to push the dolly to move the game.
>
> I know I could strap the game to the dolly, but that's a bit
> inconvenient to have to do all the time.
>
> I was considering adding some type of rubber tape or friction tape to
> the top frame of the dolly to improve the "grip" of the game on the
> dolly.
>
> Anyone else dealt with this yet?

I have fairly thick carpet and I found that I need to manually position
the wheels in the direction I want to go, and then it does fine. Once
it is moving I can then turn it. I also make sure the pin is
positioned so the lip is touching the cart (at the end I'm pushing
from), if necessary I use a little downward pressure to keep the lip in
contact with the cart.