Hey guys I need your help in finding a good gaming laptop.
1. What is your budget? $1000-$1200
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15"
3. What screen resolution do you want? Preferably 1440x900, but I can live with 1280x800 or something in between
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? 50/50
5. How much battery life do you need? 3 hours is fine
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I just want to play today's games like StarCraft II and Modern Warfare 2 smoothly at all times on medium.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Probably only movies
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? At least 320 GB
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? At least 2 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Just a DVD/RW
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I don't want Acer or Toshiba, didn't really like their build or quality on my last laptops.
Really? Well then in that case I guess I can live with a 15". Any other laptop recommendations guys?
Did you look at the Sager one i posted first ?
Maziar's recommended is a great choice This is my idea for 15" laptop playable on StarCraft II & Modern Warfare 2 smoothly. (base on amazon's price) - ASUS G51JX-X3 15.6" ($1,029.99) - HP DV6-3052NR 15.6" ($999.99) - ASUS G51JX-X5 15.6" ($1,329.99) - Ideapad Y560 0646-2HU 15.6" ($1,198.00) - ENVY 15-1050NR 15.6" ($1,722.58)
I'd agree with BB's choices above with one adder. Most laptops are not built by the brand selling them (Asus, MSI are two notable exceptions). So I'd also look at the various Compal and Clevo models custom built by boutique distributors such as WidowPC, Pro-Star etc.