Does this product work?

That appears to be a nice product, especially for $15 -- but I find that
it's the *other* light, such as from overhead lighting and a bright
translite, that causes the real problems. The DMD reflection has never
really bothered me.

I think what's needed is non-reflective playfield glass ;-)

Randy

"Classic Arcades Inc." <mcafee@epix.net> wrote in message
> Has anyone bought this and verified its effectiveness?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Pinball-Machine-DMD-Glare-Elimination-Film-NEW_W0QQitemZ6209664788QQcategoryZ13727QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>

> Jeff
> ClassicArcades Inc.

Randy P. thought about it a bit, then said...

> "Classic Arcades Inc." <mcafee@epix.net> wrote in message
> > Has anyone bought this and verified its effectiveness?
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/Pinball-Machine-DMD-Glare-Elimination-Film-NEW_W0QQitemZ6209664788QQcategoryZ13727QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
> >

> > Jeff
> > ClassicArcades Inc.
>
> That appears to be a nice product, especially for $15 -- but I find that
> it's the *other* light, such as from overhead lighting and a bright
> translite, that causes the real problems. The DMD reflection has never
> really bothered me.
>
> I think what's needed is non-reflective playfield glass ;-)
>
> Randy

I know what you mean - I took out over half of the bulbs in my AFM's
translight because I couldn't even see the saucer through the
reflections.

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

So what's stopping the film maker from distributing larger sheets that
can cover a full translite? I know we as comsumers can't buy it that
large, but it's got to exist at some stage in large format.

Cheers
Dave
M*B

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

like window tint from autozone? or pull some bulbs from the backbox, or be
like me and pull the glass and just play - besided it helps you get the high
score everytime! woo hoo....

Bernie KC-Pinball

"jammadave" <ddixonREMOVE@modomailTHEOBVIOUS.com> wrote in message
> So what's stopping the film maker from distributing larger sheets that
> can cover a full translite? I know we as comsumers can't buy it that
> large, but it's got to exist at some stage in large format.
>
> Cheers
> Dave
> M*B
>

> --
> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

The film I sell has no problems with off axis viewing, unless you climb
on top of your backbox, or into the playfield!
-Tom

"Bernie -KCPinball" wrote:
>like window tint from autozone?

No, this is more the privacy off-axis tint people use for computer
monitors. If you're looking dead on it's fine, but doesn't transmit
light at wider viewing angles. Mentioned before in another thread.

Cheers
Dave
M*B, Aster*ids ur, Warl*rds ct

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

I still like playing with the glass off and sweatsox stuffed in the
outlanes - but htat's just me.

> "Bernie -KCPinball" wrote:
>>like window tint from autozone?
>
> No, this is more the privacy off-axis tint people use for computer
> monitors. If you're looking dead on it's fine, but doesn't transmit
> light at wider viewing angles. Mentioned before in another thread.
>

> Cheers
> Dave
> M*B, Aster*ids ur, Warl*rds ct
>

> --
> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

well that's what I meant - it rejects off-axis light transmission to the
top and bottom, thus eliminating the reflection of the DMD in the PF
glass, right?

Cheers
Dave
M*B, Aster*ids ur, Warl*rds ct