2 Players behind Router Problem

Last response: in Video Games
February 9, 2005 2:39:03 AM

I'm still trying to set up my Linksys BEFSR41 router (NAT) so that I can host
and play in a MW4 Mercenaries game on MS Game Zone and my son can also join
the
game on his computer which is connected to my router. With my current
router config, my son and I can play in the same room if someone else is
hosting the game. I can even host TeamSpeak and we can talk with each other
durning game play. If I host a game, my son CAN NOT join.

Here is what I have tried so far and it hasn't worked. UPnP is enabled in
Windows and the Router. (WinXP Home SP2, Westell WireSpeed DSL modem,
LinksysBEFSR41, Pacbell-Yahoo ISP).

I used DXPort to open these ports:

2302-2311 on PC#1
2312-2321 on PC#2

In the Router, I've forwarded these ports:

TO PC#1 (192.168.7.171) *example
2302-2311 (TCP & UDP)
47624-47624 (TCP & UDP)
6073-6073 (TCP & UDP)
27999-27999 (TCP & UDP)
28800-29100 (TCP & UDP)

TO PC#2 (192.168.7.172) *example
2312-2321 (TCP & UDP)

We can still play in the same game room, I can host TeamSpeak and we can
talk, I can host a game but my son can't join. His PC starts to go through
the join process

but then gets kicked back out to the lobby.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mack

PS: I've tried forwarding the full 2300 to 2400 TCP & UDP ports to both
PC's and that didn't work.

--
MacKenrick

More about : players router problem

Anonymous
February 9, 2005 12:18:07 PM

Try this utility
http://www.puffinsoft.com/

"Mackenrick" <Mackenrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm still trying to set up my Linksys BEFSR41 router (NAT) so that I can
> host
> and play in a MW4 Mercenaries game on MS Game Zone and my son can also
> join
> the
> game on his computer which is connected to my router. With my current
> router config, my son and I can play in the same room if someone else is
> hosting the game. I can even host TeamSpeak and we can talk with each
> other
> durning game play. If I host a game, my son CAN NOT join.
>
> Here is what I have tried so far and it hasn't worked. UPnP is enabled
> in
> Windows and the Router. (WinXP Home SP2, Westell WireSpeed DSL modem,
> LinksysBEFSR41, Pacbell-Yahoo ISP).
>
> I used DXPort to open these ports:
>
> 2302-2311 on PC#1
> 2312-2321 on PC#2
>
> In the Router, I've forwarded these ports:
>
> TO PC#1 (192.168.7.171) *example
> 2302-2311 (TCP & UDP)
> 47624-47624 (TCP & UDP)
> 6073-6073 (TCP & UDP)
> 27999-27999 (TCP & UDP)
> 28800-29100 (TCP & UDP)
>
> TO PC#2 (192.168.7.172) *example
> 2312-2321 (TCP & UDP)
>
> We can still play in the same game room, I can host TeamSpeak and we can
> talk, I can host a game but my son can't join. His PC starts to go
> through
> the join process
>
> but then gets kicked back out to the lobby.
>
> Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mack
>
> PS: I've tried forwarding the full 2300 to 2400 TCP & UDP ports to both
> PC's and that didn't work.
>

> --
> MacKenrick
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 3:29:05 PM

Thanks for trying to help Rev. but you didn't read my post. If you had, you
would see that I'm already using DXPort. That is why I'm posting this
question. Can anyone else help. Please..... Thanks, MacKenrick

!