USB ports aren't working!

ClanOfNoobs

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Hey there everyone, just recently all my USB ports stopped working along with the PS/2 connections. I have no way of accessing the BIOS because none of the peripherals (KB+M) won't even power up. It seems like they've 'burned' or something. This happened when I installed a plug-in for Firefox. It was an Adobe Flash Player plugin which I already had, it didn't look legitimate but I just ignored it. It was a video on facebook, and it warned me that it may be a malware that could harm my pc. I proceeded to install it. So then, when I was about to sleep, I just put my PC on sleep. The next morning I turn it on, both the mouse and keyboard wouldn't work, it wouldn't even power up. So I asked my I.T teacher about this, he told me it could have been a small problem with the power supply where sometimes the power isn't distributed to the USB ports. I change the PSU, nothing seemed to change. I'm thinking of buying a USB PCI-E port extension, but I'm not sure whether that would work. My instructor also mentioned that such malware or viruses cannot directly affect hardwares like the motherboard. So are there any other solutions besides buying a new motherboard?

My rig:
Intel Core i5 2400
6GB DDR3 RAM 1033 Mhz
500GB WD HDD
GTX 560 OC
ECS H61 mobo

skaz

Distinguished

Wow man.

Does your keyboard have any LED's on it. Do they light up at all when powering on your computer?

ClanOfNoobs

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Veteren: No, the LED lights do not light up at all.

@Nikorr: I did reset the CMOS memory today by taking out the battery. When I started the PC, it would say CMOS memory is wrong and the keyboard and mouse still wouldn't work.
PSU is a panda 700W