Cooling fan, 8200 Dimension

Hi guys, quick fan question. Exactly how do the fan/s work in my 8200
Dimension case? Sometimes there's a louder constant (like now, it's
very hot today, but I have fan blowing in cooler air from the room
right across, which has a wall AC unit blowing nice cool air) fan
noise. I suppose this is an extra fan that kicks in when the comp.
hits a higher level of heat?

Any general guidelines on this which would apply to my 8200? Thank
you

2ghz,512ram
Dimension 8200 from '02

"Ayoayo" <noemail@thanks.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys, quick fan question. Exactly how do the fan/s work in my 8200
> Dimension case? Sometimes there's a louder constant (like now, it's
> very hot today, but I have fan blowing in cooler air from the room
> right across, which has a wall AC unit blowing nice cool air) fan
> noise. I suppose this is an extra fan that kicks in when the comp.
> hits a higher level of heat?
>
> Any general guidelines on this which would apply to my 8200? Thank
> you
>
> 2ghz,512ram
> Dimension 8200 from '02

Fan has a thermistor/temp. sensor and runs faster depending on the interior
case temps.

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:36:40 -0500, "S.Lewis"
<fearlessfreep@noyoujump.com> wrote:

>Fan has a thermistor/temp. sensor and runs faster depending on the interior
>case temps.

Got it, thanks!