Sign in with
Your question

Bad lcd monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 19, 2012 4:19:25 AM

I have a Samsung p2250 lcd monitor. The monitor will only display for 1 second and then goes to black. If the monitor is powered off, and then back on, the monitor will display again for 1 second, before going to black. I'm thinking either bad caps, or inverter???

More about : bad lcd monitor

January 19, 2012 4:47:18 AM

If it's still under warranty I would RMA it after testing it on another system just to be sure it really is the monitor and not the system that is blanking the monitor.
m
l
January 19, 2012 12:16:54 PM

Hi westrock,

It is likely an issue of the LCD not getting the power it needs (like you suggested Caps or inverters could do this)

It would be tricky to repair this yourself. How recently did you buy this monitor? Is a return possible? If not a return, can you request an RMA from the manufacturer?
m
l
Related resources
January 19, 2012 12:51:34 PM

Easy enough to check for bad caps, just take it apart... but I usually see those causing 'No Power' issues.... Check warranty status first, then take it apart and check for obvious failure(blown/bulging/leaking caps)... If you can't find any visual problems with the caps(usually on the power supply) then I would just buy a new monitor. They are cheap enough, and I wouldn't want to spend time and money trying to fix an inverter/main board/back light problem.

Are you sure it's not just REALLY dim.... use a flashlight to see if you can still see picture... even if you do see picture, you will still be in the same boat though(repair wise).
m
l
a b C Monitor
January 19, 2012 1:18:34 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Computer Peripherals by Mousemonkey
m
l
January 19, 2012 3:30:24 PM

jdenova007 said:
Easy enough to check for bad caps, just take it apart... but I usually see those causing 'No Power' issues.... Check warranty status first, then take it apart and check for obvious failure(blown/bulging/leaking caps)... If you can't find any visual problems with the caps(usually on the power supply) then I would just buy a new monitor. They are cheap enough, and I wouldn't want to spend time and money trying to fix an inverter/main board/back light problem.

Are you sure it's not just REALLY dim.... use a flashlight to see if you can still see picture... even if you do see picture, you will still be in the same boat though(repair wise).

The monitor is no longer on warranty so I think taking it apart and looking for bad caps is the way to go. Just stay away from the 200 volt caps, right.
m
l
!