need advise for a new upgrade

pat

Expert
I want to upgrade my current computer. It is a Windows 939 AMD machine. I have 2 DDR400 twinx memory sticks, so it need to be DDR2 stick compatible.

I want a new CPU that will run Windows and a new motherboard that will have a SATAII drive, or maybe SATA-IO. I still have old ATA device, such as my brand new burner so I need something that will have a SATA compatible with old ATA. I have a PCIe videocard, so I need PCIe slot, but PCI compatible PCIe should be available. I think it is PCIX, X for cross-compatible, doesnt it? and is SLI for the video is the same as RAID for the HDD? so I'll need RAID video drivers

My CPU is rated 3000+, does that mean that it can be run at speed of 3000 and + MHz?

Any advice for my built?

<font color=red>Sig space for rent. make your offer.</font color=red>

pat

Expert
The XP should be better for Windows XP as I try windows64 for my A64 and it was not ready, so i'm tired to wait and I'll go back to an AthlonXP for Windows XP. As for gluing the connector, I dont believe you on that.. but on which pins do I have to plug the SATA connector on the 40 pins of my burner? As for half of the performance, that is why I have to RAID my SATA HDD.. now I see better.. do you know if there is SATAI+O(2) in the work so I'll be able to add only one drive?

If I have 2 PCI card, can I RAID them to have SLI on my computer? I wanted to download the drivers for that, but the site seem down... probably updating with newer drivers..

<font color=red>Sig space for rent. make your offer.</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Pat on 06/20/05 09:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

pat

Expert
Ok, I'll go with the XP3200+ with the free update. do I have to download the more MHz on AMD web site.. Do I have to flash the CPU after downloading the update? I'm always a bit scared about flashing something..

pat

Expert
I said gluing because all the cable signals are wireless, but the cables are still needed to guide the signal to the right drives. So yes 40pins, 4pin or even no pin doesn't matter!

So, you meant the wire are only antenna for signal and not actually interface?

You definitely can! Everything in this world are RAIDable,

So I can RAID my ddr2 stick of twinx memory to use with rthe Athlon XP because the 3200+ support RAID?.

pat

Expert
Don't be shy, CPU are perverts and loves their owner flashing titties and bits to them to make go faster. All you need is to find an open space on thre street, take out your CPU and start doing flashed to it to make it horny and go faster!

AHAHAHA.. Funny!! but actually, I guess I'm better using a program like Macromedia Flash player to flash my CPU, dont you believe?

By the way, can I use any motherboard, as long as the CPU fits in, or if I have to use a special motherboard to use the 3200+? I guess that there is a cmos battery either on the socket or on the CPU to retain the new MHz I just flash? Do I have to reflash each time my CPU crash?

pat

Expert
In fact you can RAID you whole computer tofather as long as you have two or more parts of the same stuff. All you need is a driver from www.raidmyarse.com, problem solved! Ever wondered how super-computers work? Well they're exacly the same based on the RAID drivers.
Heck you can even RAID the whole world togather if www.raidmyarse.com ever releases a driver for that.

And I guess that the new X2 CPU are 2 CPU RAIDed togheter... I guess too that the drivers should be installed when installing Windows at F6 prompt...

Is RAID between computer is going to replace networking?

pat

Expert
No no, I'm dead serious! You can of course use Macromedia Flash player to flash the CPU, but the effect would be nowhere as good as real good'ol flashing technique developed by the great Wingding.

Wingding!! It is a font.. how can a font be used for flashing a CPU?

You can use any motherboard you like as long as you have a 0.8mm drill bit to drill the 462 holes for the AhtlonXP to fit in. Pretty smart invention of AMD to have an universal compatible socket huh?

Drilling the hole will be ... boring.. no universal adapter sold by third party?

pat

Expert
Care to expand on that? IMO RAIDing homo sapiens sapiens is going to replace everything eventurally.

I thought that in order to RAID something, you need 2 semblable component..

I dont want to be RAIDed by another male...!! I rather the perfect male/female fits!! Is it possible.

pat

Expert
Mu guess is that it has got something to do with errection...

didnt you mean ERror corRECTION?

Is there is anything related with ECC memory, or Erection Continously Controlled memory?

Do I need a new Power Surge Unit, in order to surge the correct amount of power to the computer?

Do a 450W PSU be enough? And what about cooling? If I download extra MHz, do I have to download extra cooling and flash my cooler BIOS too?

pat

Expert
Then there's double headed babis where two seamens fused with an egg, but I won't go into that today due to time constraint.

Should be interresting.. but we are going OT.. Do you know if there will ever be Athlon 98, Athlon Me and Athlon 2000 to match the OS of the same name too? I still have some OLD licences for those, but since no CPU support them, then I'm out of luck and they are wasted..

Can I add another sound card and RAID it with the onboard sound to have stereo soud?

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
i'm lost.... i though althlon XP is an old version (compared to a64) that came out b4 windows xp xame out??

and don;t amd machines don;t currently use DDR2? or did ya meant like 2 DDR sticks?

what is this PCI-EX format anyways? i was hoping to go crossfire (when and if i get $$) but if its not gona be upgradeable then i might as well wait or soemthing <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheHolyLancer on 06/21/05 00:07 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
take out your CPU and start doing flashes to it to make it horny and go faster!
wusy you should let Pat know that a lot of flashing will make the CPU incredibly horny and with the added heat it could turn into a Prescott.

<font color=blue>If everything seems to be going well, you obviously don't know what the hell is going on</font color=blue>

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
That's a great idea. I'm not sure that it will help Pat focus on his upgrade, but we really need the entertainment.

<font color=blue>If everything seems to be going well, you obviously don't know what the hell is going on</font color=blue>

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
When you see wingding posting you simply KNOW the thread has horribly derailed..

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

pat

Expert
i'm lost.... i though althlon XP is an old version (compared to a64) that came out b4 windows xp xame out??

I dont know.. WindowsXP was for AXP and Windows64 for AMD64, Right? And since there is lack of drivers, and make Win64 unusable, I may have to switch to AXP and WinXP

and don;t amd machines don;t currently use DDR2? or did ya meant like 2 DDR sticks?

Humm.. I dont know.. I think it is 2 stick in parallele, so maybe it is RAID memory...

And if it is RAID memory, can I make a RAID1 array with my memory, or better, a RAID0+1 so I wont loose data and have good speed?

liquidpaper007

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
You guys are gonna mess someone up. Espcially the part "Download more MHZ" theyll go to the AMD site and spend a few hours and come back and ask where it is.