Does anyone have a good suggestion for a laptop for mom? I am having trouble finding a sub $300 laptop (they're all netbooks)
At least 13-14" or higher screen size, easier on their eyes.
Built in webcam for skype and stuff
Wifi a plus
Doesn't have to be very fast, just need a basic laptop for browsing.
1. What is your budget? 300
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13" +
3. What screen resolution do you want? Any
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Just for web browsing, probably going to stay at home
5. How much battery life do you need? Doesn't matter it will be plugged in
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No games, Low setting basic web / flash / youtube
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Skype
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Doesn't really matter, at least like 30 gigs
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. No specific site preferred
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Hopefully it lasts 5 years or so...
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? dvd player
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No brand preferred
13. What country do you live in? USA (California)
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.