I am seeking an exact answer

kevinb40

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
ok i am a dummy it is official. but i have a problem and i can't seem to fix it. when i load a page the page has some chinese writing on it. I know this because the translator thingy comes up at the top and asks me to translate it. I do and it stills stays there. so i goto my bookmark bar and goto settings and advance settings and languages and then i click..Offer to translate pages that aren't in a language I read... and it is still coming up in chinese. not all of the page does it. but It is annoying and i am trying to get it back to what it was. I think i clicked on somethin i should not have. can someone help this old blind man. please.

didn't install any stupid tool bars did you?

multiple malware scanners and maybe microsoft security essentials will find something.

go into user account controls and set the slider to the top. should help keep things from running you don't want because it will continually annoy you when stuff wants to run.

good luck.

Exact answer... is the answer to life.. the universe.. and everything....

Glad I could help.
Cheers :)

Not all browser page translators are created equal.

Is this a popular page you are going to like Google or Facebook?

If it just started in the past day or so, you can also try a System Restore to before the problem started and see if that helps.

Just for kicks and giggles, it might be wise to go ahead and download and run MalwareBytes AntiMalware to make sure you haven't picked up a pest or two.

kevinb40

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
thank you to all the super smart people on this site. i know nothin about computers. Being a legally blind person and having to rely on assistive technology can make it a challenge for me. I will tell you this i was doing something with my interner options and i didn't see what it was.lol so if that make a difference then let me know.

kevinb40

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
i took the advice and downloaded the malebytes and i also have spybots. too. it is still doing it. but not on all sites. it is strange though. when i go to some sites it just pops up the chinese writing. i guess i should learn chinese. lol