Removing AG coating on Phillips Brilliance

kagerou

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
I bought a 22" Philips Brilliance 202p7 CRT monitor a few days ago. Unfortunately it got a few scratches when it was delivered and I want to get rid of them.
The specs say it has an AGARAS coating, and it does not come off easy. I tried acetone, alcohol and oven cleaner, the thing looks like its glass.
Anyone know how to remove this coating?

unless you are trying to destroy your screen i would suggest not using harsh chemicals. the only thing that saved your screen is most likely that coating. i haven't seen it personally but i've heard some horror stories about people using such things as clorox and other chemicals which ate into the screen causing a haze or other issue.

if the screen was damaged while still in the box... its shipping damage and you can get a replacement.

if its your own fault then you're probably stuck with it. fix it at your own risk to the screen as screens can be quite fragile, especially to pressure from your fingers trying to scrape off that coating!

the best thing to clean off a screen is a slightly damp (with water) cloth. just for cleaning reference for your other screens.