Decoding Port Numbers

Want to use client filtering - how do I find out which
ports are those needed to restrict all web site use?
Where are these port numbers listed?
1 answer Last reply
More about decoding port numbers

    Ports 1-65535 for both UDP & TCP. This is because you can operate a Web
    server on any of those port numbers. All you have to do is tell the
    browser which port.

    Example http://192.168.2.25:65535/default.asp This tells the web browser
    to connect to the web server running on the IP address of 192.168.2.25,
    on port number 65535, & to request the default.asp file that is in the
    root of the web.

    Please note my directions will disable all Internet access including
    IRC, BitTorrent, all IM programs, etc...

    Kerry wrote:

    > Want to use client filtering - how do I find out which
    > ports are those needed to restrict all web site use?
    > Where are these port numbers listed?

Routers Hardware Microsoft Networking