Decoding Port Numbers

Last response: in Networking
Share
October 1, 2004 11:46:14 PM

Want to use client filtering - how do I find out which
ports are those needed to restrict all web site use?
Where are these port numbers listed?

More about : decoding port numbers

October 2, 2004 9:25:54 AM

Ports 1-65535 for both UDP & TCP. This is because you can operate a Web
server on any of those port numbers. All you have to do is tell the
browser which port.

Example http://192.168.2.25:65535/default.asp This tells the web browser
to connect to the web server running on the IP address of 192.168.2.25,
on port number 65535, & to request the default.asp file that is in the
root of the web.

Please note my directions will disable all Internet access including
IRC, BitTorrent, all IM programs, etc...

!