KayWhy

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2005
I am planning to get AMD and I might do some overclocking. I have considered to get DFI Lanparty ultra-d nf4. I have been to the DFI forum last couple of months, and it makes me worry about whether or not to get a VALUE dual channel ram .. so my question is, do guys guys use it? I found it quite expensive to get a good ram. It costs more than a motherboard or sometimes CPU !!

Also .. if I am not going to OC. Which 939 nf4 mobo should I get?

Wrong section mate. You'll get better answers if you post in the RAM section a little further down.

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I found it quite expensive to get a good ram.
I'm sure there are a few down in the Others forum that'll do it for free. Can't attest to their skill though.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
In spite of what most people here will tell you, for anything but an ultrahigh end setup (like spending $1.000 on just the cpu), or the most ambitious overclockers, money spent on uber ram is just money down the drain you had better spent on a faster videocard/cpu or whatever.

Here is an interesting article that directly relates to your question:
<A HREF="http://edgetechhq.50webs.com/valueram.htm" target="_new"> Value RAM: As Good As The Expensive Stuff? </A>

A small quote from the conclusion:

Investing in expensive RAM probably offers the poorest bang for the buck of any computer part.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
I will agree with this, but I will point out that if you ever want to tell your friends the sweet OC you just got then don't skimp on the RAM man.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I've got to agree too. RAM speed is quite possibly the worst bang for the buck things to spend money on.

That aside, people who spend over 100 bucks just for one bump higher speed grade of their CPU can certainly afford to waste the money on better RAM. Plus you usually get more OCing headroom with better RAM. :)

:eek: <font color=purple>یί∫υєг ρђœŋίχ</font color=purple> :eek:
@ 191K -> 200,000 miles or bust!

TRENDING THREADS