Best Processor - sound and text

I want to purchase an HP laptop. What is the best processor. My main priorities are sound. Most my work is sound and data related. Occasional Photoshop graphic work. I was told to get the DV7-4065 with AMD processor. I was also told to get i3 and if I could afford it the i5. Suggestions on best processor.
6 answers Last reply
More about best processor sound text
  1. dynamics said:
    I want to purchase an HP laptop. What is the best processor. My main priorities are sound. Most my work is sound and data related. Occasional Photoshop graphic work. I was told to get the DV7-4065 with AMD processor. I was also told to get i3 and if I could afford it the i5. Suggestions on best processor.


    Hi there,

    The processor isn't the most important feature if sound is your biggest consideration. There are many laptops with great quality sound features. The i5 processor is more powerful than the i3. For a quick resource on processors, check out this guide on PC Scout: http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-speed-facts.aspx.

    In general, a more powerful processor is helpful for multi-tasking, heavy programming, video editing, and gaming.

    I hope this helps!

    Cheers,
    Isabella
    MSFT Windows Outreach Team
  2. IsabellaWinTeam said:
    Hi there,

    The processor isn't the most important feature if sound is your biggest consideration. There are many laptops with great quality sound features. The i5 processor is more powerful than the i3. For a quick resource on processors, check out this guide on PC Scout: http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-speed-facts.aspx.

    In general, a more powerful processor is helpful for multi-tasking, heavy programming, video editing, and gaming.

    I hope this helps!

    Cheers,
    Isabella
    MSFT Windows Outreach Team


    I notice there is no information on sound cards. I will do some more research before making my decision. You always want the best, but that is not always the best use of your money. Your information helped, thank you.
  3. dynamics said:
    I notice there is no information on sound cards. I will do some more research before making my decision. You always want the best, but that is not always the best use of your money. Your information helped, thank you.


    Hi,

    I'm glad to help! You should look into the Sony VAIO F. It actually has an i7 processor, but it also has Intel® High Definition Audio w/ Dolby® Home Theater. Check it out here: http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-details.aspx?pcid=1e070925-a007-df11-927f-02bf9d3bf32a.


    Cheers,
    Isabella
    MSFT Windows Outreach Team
  4. If sound is important to you, I fear you are doomed to disappointment with ANY laptop. The included speakers are just too small for good sound.
    I suppose you could attach external speakers through the microphone jack though.
  5. Thank you everyone. :hello: I ended up purchasing an HP. I feel that I obtained a great price. The sound between the one I wanted and the one I purchased was not worth the extra 200 bucks. Wearing headsets amplifies the sound which is a good thing.
  6. dynamics said:
    Thank you everyone. :hello: I ended up purchasing an HP. I feel that I obtained a great price. The sound between the one I wanted and the one I purchased was not worth the extra 200 bucks. Wearing headsets amplifies the sound which is a good thing.


    You're welcome! I hope you enjoy your new laptop!

    Cheers,
    Isabella
    MSFT Windows Outreach Team
Ask a new question

Read More

Processors HP Laptop Laptops