1. What is your budget?
1000-2000 (Cheaper the better)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
17" and lower, 13-15" would be ideal
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Any...Not too sure about this
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
More of a desktop but would like to take this around to classes and such if small enough and doesnt get real hot
5. How much battery life do you need?
Doesnt need to be great, but good life is a big +
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
StarcraftII - Medium+
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Watching movies, music.... nothing too fancy
8. How much storage (Hard Drive
capacity) do you need?
Umm, I have a dell xps m1730 atm, this thing has more than enough room (not too sure how much it has, but if anyone knows this is more than enough). Only problem is this thing just gets toooooo hot and is wayyyyyy to big so I am looking to downsize.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I'd hope until end of college (im a freshman)
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I have a dell xps now, I love it and I do love dell, just have overpriced products. Im open to any brands really, wouldnt mind trying out an alienware but anything is good.
13. What country do you live in? United States
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I dotn know if this is a little much for you, but i own a asus g73jh-a2 and it hasnt failed me yet. It has 8gb of ram a 5870m gpu and a core i7 720. It also has a 1080p screen and 1tb hdd space and a backlit keyboard. The one bad thi ng is battery life is like 50min-1 hour 40 min