Broadband networking setup headache

In the setup wizard on my laptop, after "searching for
wireless networks" and finding it on the next screen when
I enter my WEP code pressing the "next" button sends me
back to "searching for wireless networks" which sends me
to the WEP entry page and so on and so on any tips?
1 answer Last reply
More about broadband networking setup headache

    Cancel setup. At that point the software & drivers are installed.

    If you are running Windows XP or Windows 2003 uninstall the BNU.

    Also if you are running Windows 2003 the Microsoft network adapters will
    most likely have major problems as Windows 2003 is not a supported
    operating system.

    At that point you can just configure your wireless connection manually,
    either with the BNU if you are running Windows 98, Windows 98 SE,
    Windows 2000, or Windows ME, or in the case of Windows XP SP2 the WZC
    service.

    If you are running Windows XP I strongly recommend installing SP2 as it
    includes several major security enhancements to Windows XP.

    Keir wrote:

    > In the setup wizard on my laptop, after "searching for
    > wireless networks" and finding it on the next screen when
    > I enter my WEP code pressing the "next" button sends me
    > back to "searching for wireless networks" which sends me
    > to the WEP entry page and so on and so on any tips?

Routers Wireless Broadband Networking