TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The single player is a bit slow and its pretty mazy (take a lot of running down coridors to find your way around). The multiplayer kicks ass with dueling light sabers!!! The best part about the game is the excellently executed force power and light saber. Overall, great game.

The holder of <i>this</i> pass is <b>exempt</b> from all forms of <font color=red>flaming</font color=red>.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yeah, single player is terrible until you get the lightsaber. Then it rocks.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

juicebykurt

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
i got to play for about 10 minutes before work and i must say that it is pretty sweet so far. i hear it gets much better once you get the saber, too.

Speedfreak

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
By all accounts this is a pretty dam fine game.

Well worth adding to your collections!

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I accidentally blow your head off.......again?

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
CAUTION: If you read this post it might spoil the surprise.

I'm on Nar Shadda Streets (Level 6?), and I've really enjoyed the game alot, but I have only one bone in particular to pick so far:

I HATE that part with the elevator that is activated by motion/presence sensing. Even when I quicksaved my game at the farthest possible point from the door (and still remain open), had Force Speed enabled before the quicksave, and attempt Force Jumping onto the elevator, I would fail the jump EVERY time. I eventually determined I had the wrong idea. Afterall, if you couldn't complete such run/jump after 60 , or even one hundred or more attempts, wouldn't most of you suppose you're doing something wrong. I even considered going back to the begginning and convincing that blue Twi'lek bartender to come with me and stand near the motion sensory elevator so that it would remain open as long as neccessary for me to board it. That didn't work. I searched, and I searched the level thoroughly for hidden ledges, buttons, areas, etc. None of these ideas worked. Each time I played the level, I would try a long series of these dashes, then search the level some more. During one of the jumps, I FINALLY made it! It took me 2 or 3 days of very frequent playing to accomplish this jump. What is your opinion about this>

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You'd have to be more specific with what elevator you're talking about. I get stuck a lot too, which is frustrating, but I don't remember ever having problem with a jump.

The holder of <i>this</i> pass is <b>exempt</b> from all forms of <font color=red>flaming</font color=red>.

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Let's see if this makes things more clear:

First of all recall the balcony that you leap from, to land on top of a control room with a glass roof and 2 antannas (w/ red lights at the top) Once you bust one of roof's glass panes, leap down safely, and press the control that extends the bridge. Leave the control room and travel cross the mini-bridge. By the way, this area you encounter here is probably the lowest elevated point on the entire map. You will see a door at the very front. The elevator I despise is on the right. You enter the room, and this plate below the window slide up, signaling you to to run to the elevator. You can't even touch the sliding panel, or the eleveator will instantly shoot upward before it completes its descent. If you remain present at the slider, then the elevator will remain at your level until you move from that relative position LucasArts made. Before I go into anymore specifics, lets see if you and I have the right elevator in mind. Thanks Antitpop!! Cool name

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

groth2757

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
One of the best 1st/3rd person games I've ever played. I've been playing non-stop since it came out and it never gets old. They also added some multiplayer maps with the new patch. WooHoo!!!!!

:tongue: <font color=red>I invented the internet and bacon.</font color=red> :tongue:

dinoX

Distinguished
May 1, 2001
i think i know what elevator you are talking about. the one where you gotta be on that pad. just force pull the crate onto the pad. elevator comes down. then force push the crate off, or vice versa.

as for me, i love JK2. Replaying it again with g_saberrealisticcombat set to 1. Mad decapitation and torso loss. :D

[If loving AMD processors is the path to the Dark Side, consider me a Sith Lord. (dinoX)]

juicebykurt

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
Yeah, I think dino is right. I just finished that level the other day and that's how I recall it. You just have to use your force push and pull on that block. That was a REALLY hard level to beat, btw. This is one of the hardest games I have ever played. It has taken me a while to find a way to combat those damn sniping "greedo" guys. And those bastard "jar jar" type guys with their thermal detonators. The game really requires you to utilize your force skills to combat effictively. Very cool game...

TRENDING THREADS