"Volume Control" stays minimized in task bar. Help.

travis@charbeneau.net

I'm in the midst of a recording project and the keyboard hot key
in the upper right hand "audio cluster" won't bring up the dialog
for the Volume - Recording control. It comes up minimized and
*stays* minimized. (Dell 4600, SoundMAX integrated digital audio,
Windows
XP)

I've been through Control Panel, placing the old-fasioned sound
icon in the systray, figuring the fancy hot key on the keyboard
was somehow at fault, but the icon produces the same thing. You
right click on it, and it offers to "minimize" the
already-minimized. You select "minimize" and right click on the
taskbar again, you get "Restore" -- but that just blinks and
returns to minimized. It apparently *thinks* it's in dialog box,
displayed mode.

I'm stuck if I can't access my levels and mutes! Anybody else see
this?

Many thanks, please email me by editing the anti-spam stuff from
my return address?

Travis

By selecting System Restore one day at a time going backwards, I
hit paydirt on five days prior to date of malfunction that cured
it. Whatever "it" was shall forever remain unknown but to The
Shadow.

And whatever malfunction you're talking about will remain equally unknown,
since you haven't threaded your posts.

I am, nonetheless, happy for you.

Rocky

"Travis" <travis_at_charbeneau_dot_net> wrote in message

> By selecting System Restore one day at a time going backwards, I
> hit paydirt on five days prior to date of malfunction that cured
> it. Whatever "it" was shall forever remain unknown but to The
> Shadow.

It was Threaded for me!!!!

It appeared directly threaded to an original posting under the heading
of ""Volume Control" stays minimized in task bar. Help."

Regards,
John

"John J. Burness" <JohnJBurnessAT@ieeDOT.orgNOSPAM> wrote:

>Rocket J. Squirrel wrote:

>> "Travis" <travis_at_charbeneau_dot_net> wrote

>>>By selecting System Restore one day at a time going backwards, I
>>>hit paydirt on five days prior to date of malfunction that cured
>>>it. Whatever "it" was shall forever remain unknown but to The
>>>Shadow.

>> And whatever malfunction you're talking about will remain equally unknown,
>> since you haven't threaded your posts.
>>
>> I am, nonetheless, happy for you.

>It was Threaded for me!!!!
>
>It appeared directly threaded to an original posting under the heading
>of ""Volume Control" stays minimized in task bar. Help."

Many/most newsreaders offer the option of "standard" threading,
using the header "References" string, or of starting a new thread
when the subject line of the existing thread has been changed.
RJS obviously has chosen the latter, as have I. I, too, had no
idea of what Travis was talking about, initially. Fortunately,
his prior post was only 13 lines up on my screen so it was easy
to figure out.

For Travis, "Whatever "it" was" need not "forever remain unknown
....", if you can remember what change(s) you made to your system
after that fifth day prior restore point was set and before the
fourth day prior restore point was set. The Shadow may know, but
you should know too, lest you make the same change(s) again, and
be faced with another volume control problem again.
--
OJ III