FX-57 Jacked at NewEgg

They're selling it for $1389! What a shame. I was going to buy a whole bunch of stuff from them for the PC I'm going to build. But if that's how they do business, I'll take mine elsewhere.

scrapser
10 answers Last reply
More about jacked newegg
  1. pricewatch.com has em for around $1100, that's way too much for a cpu if you ask me...
  2. Has anyone bought a chip from the Amd store? Since they list the chip as $1031. PIB, that may be the thing to try.
  3. Quote:
    pricewatch.com has em for around $1100, that's way too much for a cpu if you ask me...

Then don't buy one. :evil:

:eek: <font color=green>یί∫υєг ρђœŋίχ</font color=green> :eek:
    @ 192K -> 200,000 miles or bust!
  4. Thats a basic principle of offer and demand...

In this case : 30 cpu available and 50 willing to spend over 1000USD for a cpu... :wink:

Get a damn FX-55 and OC it 200 mhz!!!

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0
  5. ...or stay away from the FX line altogether... the performance gain is no where near worth the price differential.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
  6. that too =)

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0
  7. >Has anyone bought a chip from the Amd store? Since they list
    >the chip as $1031

Yes, but for some odd reason my credit card wasn't good enough to order the minimum required 1.000 unit :D

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
  8. You poor poor working class stiff. 1,000 x 1,000 is only a cool million. Then you could resell them for 1,300 apiece and make at best a 30% markup, which if lucky, might bring a 1 to 4% profit on your cool mill investment. Tsk Tsk Tsk. And to think NewEgg is blamed for this instead of AMD...

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
    And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
    So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
  9. >You poor poor working class stiff. 1,000 x 1,000 is only a
    >cool million.

Yep, there I was thinking my american express centurion card was good enough for such everyday purchases :)

>Then you could resell them for 1,300 apiece and make at
    >best a 30% markup, which if lucky, might bring a 1 to 4%
    >profit on your cool mill investment.

Actually, I only needed 2 or 3, and I figured I'd just give the other ones away to THGC readers.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
  10. Know what ya mean. I am so broke, they won't even take my cash!?!

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
    And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
    So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Build Product