I need some help with my funhouse. Shots to rudy's jaw do not
register, and the outhole with the balloon plastic on top only kicks
out during ball search when a ball goes down there. No switch errors
come up when I start the game though.
Thanks,
Joe Kirby

Have you gone into the switch edge test and physically tested the switches
(preferably with a ball)? That would be the first thing I'd do.

Randy

"JKirby" <JKirby74@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I need some help with my funhouse. Shots to rudy's jaw do not
> register, and the outhole with the balloon plastic on top only kicks
> out during ball search when a ball goes down there. No switch errors
> come up when I start the game though.
> Thanks,
> Joe Kirby

Thanks for the help everyone! No its time to get Rudy back to form.

Joe Kirby

Its still going to be a switch problem even if it doesnt show on
startup. it takes 30 misses before it will show up automatically. Sounds
to me like its the switch in the trough under Rudy. Can't remember if
its a micro or an opto but you'll see it.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

>I need some help with my funhouse. Shots to rudy's jaw do not
> register, and the outhole with the balloon plastic on top only kicks
> out during ball search when a ball goes down there. No switch errors
> come up when I start the game though.

Switch errors are not indicated at game start. There should be an
indication at power-up and a credit dot, but not until the switch has NOT
been activated for 30 consecutive balls in play.

Go into switch edge test and test the switch for the kickout and the optos
for the jaw. Pretty simple really. Check for broken wires at solder
joints, diodes disconnected or bad, pinched wires, disconnected connectors,
dirty opto lenses, sticky switch actuators, misadjusted switch actuators,
etc...

BTW, test the switches with a ball in switch edge test not your finger.
Your finger can press a switch actuator down more than a ball can or reach
where a ball will not and is not a good testing tool.

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

In article <1127229594.268322.67480@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "JKirby" <JKirby74@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I need some help with my funhouse. Shots to rudy's jaw do not
>register, and the outhole with the balloon plastic on top only kicks
>out during ball search when a ball goes down there. No switch errors
>come up when I start the game though.
>Thanks,
>Joe Kirby

Joe,

Switch errors appear only after you've played so many games without
switches being activated. If you go into your game's diagnostic mode and
manually test the switch levels and these switches still don't register, it
might be as simple as adjusting them. (I know that the switch for activating
Rudy's jaw is an opto located just in front of his face. You might try
cleaning the opto with a Q-Tip...)

Good luck!
Jeff

S_T_A_R G_A_Z_E_R Owners List: http://members.iquest.net/~abc123/sg.html

My Homepage: http://members.iquest.net/~abc123/

Remove the "nospam" from my e-mail address to send me a message.

Probably two problems; opto switch in front of Rudy's jaw is not functioning
properly, google for into on testing and fixing opto switched and there's a
switch in the hole which the ball pushes down on when it lands in there,
probably just needs adjustment to make contact.

GRY