TECH: Bally 6803 Party @nimal switch matrix question.

Hello folks...

Im working on a party animal and it has a weird problem.
If I start a game and use my finger to activate one of the standup targets
all is fine and the
switch works. But if I use a ball to activate the switch it goes crazy...
sometimes it slam tilts...sometime a pop bumper goes off...sometimes other
switches are activated
etc but ONLY when using the ball...

TIA

Chet

Is there a rivet in the middle of the target that possibly is shorting
out against the back metal support? What happens if you mash the
target by hand as far back as you can? (Ball will always hit "harder"
than your fingers)

There's definately some kind of short on the target that the vibration
of the ball is setting off. If there are diodes on the switches see if
it's shorting out against anything, or close to shorting out.

Sounds like some switches adjacent to it are too tight. smack the
playfield with your hand and see if it sets off stuff. could be a loose
wire or diode on that switch too.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Chet,
You have a short my friend. Ok, your game has a short in that area.
Look closely for a pinched wire or metal touching metal.

--
PinTed

C.W.H. wrote:
> Hello folks...
>
> Im working on a party animal and it has a weird problem.
> If I start a game and use my finger to activate one of the standup targets
> all is fine and the
> switch works. But if I use a ball to activate the switch it goes crazy...
> sometimes it slam tilts...sometime a pop bumper goes off...sometimes other
> switches are activated
> etc but ONLY when using the ball...
>
> TIA
>

> Chet

minntech

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011

Hello folks...

Im working on a party animal and it has a weird problem.
If I start a game and use my finger to activate one of the standup targets
all is fine and the
switch works. But if I use a ball to activate the switch it goes crazy...
sometimes it slam tilts...sometime a pop bumper goes off...sometimes other
switches are activated
etc but ONLY when using the ball...

TIA

Chet
you have a broken wire leading to that switch or a problem in the switch matrix for that column/row. when you use the ball to activate the switch are you touching the ball to the switch with your other hand on the siderail? that can cause other switches in that column/row to activate. check the voltage on the switch, look for a broken wire or broken diode on other switches in that column/row.