2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
I use the laptop as a radio and TV, and want media control buttons and good built-in speakers
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Happy with my Dell Inspiron 640m
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Since you're happy with your Dell Inspiron, you should check out the Dell Studio 15, which has a 15.6" screen, fast processor, 4 GB of RAM, and 500 GB of hard drive space. If you want to try out a different brand, the Sony Vaio EB series is a good choice. It has similar specs to the Dell Studio and a cool, customizable look. Both are within your budget.