Where's the broadband icon?

Friend has broadband but can't see an icon in the task bar where he can view
the connection speed, bytes sent and received etc...the little double,
overlapping screen icon.
He has ticked the box - Control Panel/Network Connections/Right
click/Properties and tick the box next to Show icon in notification area
when connected.
Anyone suggest anything?
Its Telewest 256Kbps Broadband and he has Windows XP if that is significant.
Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about where broadband icon

    That icon is provided By Windows XP & thus this is a Windows XP issue.

    Well lets look at the name of the newsgroup. It starts with "microsoft"
    so that must mean we only talk about Microsoft products. Next it says
    "public" so that means any person can post here. Then it says
    "broadbandnet" so since this is a Microsoft newsgroup it must be talking
    about the Microsoft Broadband Networking. Last but not least it says
    "hardware" So that must mean it is the Microsoft hardware for networking
    that we talk about.

    Thus this is not a general networking newsgroup, but one for the
    Microsoft Broadband networking hardware. I'd suggest either posting in
    a newsgroup for the hardware you are running, a general networking
    newsgroup, or one for whatever version of Windows you are running.

    John Smith wrote:

    > Friend has broadband but can't see an icon in the task bar where he can view
    > the connection speed, bytes sent and received etc...the little double,
    > overlapping screen icon.
    > He has ticked the box - Control Panel/Network Connections/Right
    > click/Properties and tick the box next to Show icon in notification area
    > when connected.
    > Anyone suggest anything?
    > Its Telewest 256Kbps Broadband and he has Windows XP if that is significant.
    > Thanks.

Routers Broadband Microsoft Networking