Problems Installing Windows 7

ravrius

Distinguished
May 7, 2008
Hey! I was wondering if i could get some help...I built a new computer and have been trying to install Windows 7 on it for the past week without any success. I was finally able to get Windows XP on it, updated my bios and then tried to install W7 again.

Every time it seems to give me an error either when expanding the files or right after. I've gotten blue screens with stop errors, error windows (Windows Installation has encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible and restart the installation...

I've tried installing to a different harddrive, using different DVD drive. I've used multiple install DVDs, my w7 dvd, a burned w7 dvd, I borrowed an OEM from work to try. Copied to a bootable USB drive...All of them failed. Can anyone give any suggestions or help?

The system I'm trying to build is

Biostar T55 XE mobo
Intel Core i3
ATI Radeon 4850
2x2GB OCZ DDR3 PC3 8500 (PN:OCZ3G10664GK) 7-7-7 @ 1.6V (I'm only using 1 stick when i install)

I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure it out...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Solution
Windows 7 seems to be a lot more critical as regards the memory than Windows XP. I would try a memory test program or try increasing the memory voltage as has been previously suggested.

ravrius

Distinguished
May 7, 2008
turns out both sticks of RAM were either defective or incompatible with the mobo...I tried upping the frequency and changing the timings to the sticker timings but it wouldnt seem to accept them so i borrowed a stick of ddr3 mem and was able to install windows 7. Guess I thought since XP installed the RAM would work for w7.
Thanks for the help and to everyone who responded