Sign in with
Your question

Faint Lines Across Screen

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 24, 2012 8:52:13 PM

Hello,

Recently purchased 2 Asus VE228H monitors. I chose them mainly because of the high reviews they received on Newegg and decent price.

After using them for awhile, I noticed faint lines running horizontally across the screen. These lines only appear at a certain viewing angle (looking slightly down at the monitor, which is how I normally view them) and are most noticable on white. They appear on both monitors, and it is definitely an issue with the monitors themselves (tried with another PC).

They are hard to notice normally, but are annoying when I'm working on something with a mostly white screen (such as a text editor).

Has anyone experienced something similar? Should I return them and purchase another model?

Here's an image photoshopped to give the appearance of what I'm describing:
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2143/linest.png

More about : faint lines screen

a b C Monitor
January 24, 2012 9:26:30 PM

It looks like you are not running your desktop at the native monitor resolution. Make sure your desktop (for each monitor) is set to 1920 x 1080.
m
l
January 24, 2012 10:51:28 PM

Desktop resolution is set correctly.
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
January 25, 2012 1:25:01 AM

Is the refresh set to 60Hz?
m
l
January 25, 2012 3:21:28 AM

Yes, refresh rate is currently set to 60. Problem still exists at several different rates.
m
l
a b C Monitor
January 25, 2012 6:58:21 PM

I have never heard of a video card causing something like that, but take one of those monitors and try it on another PC.
m
l
January 27, 2012 12:00:04 AM

The video card isn't the problem. As I said in the original post, I've tried these monitors with a different PC, so it's definitely something with the monitors themselves.

Possibly just an issue with the monitors themselves, though it seems odd that so many people would overlook this and give it such a high rating.
m
l
February 23, 2012 9:08:02 PM

Have you resolved your monitor issue? I have a similar issue with a just purchased Samsung S23A350H.
m
l
!