Firewall / Antivirus Questions

Hi,

I'm looking to see if I should stick with what I have or should make a change.

Currently I have Avira Antivirus Premium & Comodo Firewall.

I'm not aware of any independent firewall testing sites, but know of two antivirus ones (av-comparatives.org and av-test.org) and both have put Bitdefender at the top of their list and I see that they also have a special promotion going on. So thinking maybe I should change.

Avira has advanced rating from av-comparatives, Bitdefender has advanced+.
On av-test, Bitdefender is at the top for protection, and Avira is not.

Should I make the change? If so, should I get the Bitdefender with the firewall or stick with Comodo?
I know this is something that everyone will have differing opinions on, but trying to ask experts that know about both antivirus and firewalls more than I do.
13 answers Last reply
More about firewall antivirus questions
  1. I use MSE or AVG and Windows Firewall and my router's firewall. Suppliment those with MalwareBytes. Haven't had too much trouble over the years using good internet safety practices. Your choice...
  2. i am using kaspersky internet security 2013

    seems pretty good

    and barclays bank were giving it free to their customers :D
  3. Hi :)

    Norton Internet Security 2013...the best there is ...imho..

    All the best Brett :)
  4. Norton hasn't had a good product since the 2001 version.
  5. rearendhat said:
    Norton hasn't had a good product since the 2001 version.


    Hi :)

    Thats your opinion only...

    I fix viruses EVERY day in my shops and put Nis on afterwards... but we never see a machine with an up to date Norton and viruses.... we see plenty of machines with the free avs on AND viruses...

    All the best Brett :)
  6. Not to sound mean, Brett, but Norton sucks.

    If you truly do own a shop, as you claim, then you don't "fix viruses," you remove them off of computers. To me saying you fix them has other, negative, meanings.

    That being said, thanks for your opinion, along with all the others who have posted/will post.

    I finally get my key again for Malwarebytes Pro, so that is up and running.


    Anyone here use Bitdefender 2013? I'd like to hear from you as well.
  7. i did try bitdefender 2013 when it was in beta

    it was very good

    but as i got kis for free which is also well rated i didnt buy bitdefender when the beta ended
  8. trickynick said:
    Not to sound mean, Brett, but Norton sucks.

    If you truly do own a shop, as you claim, then you don't "fix viruses," you remove them off of computers. To me saying you fix them has other, negative, meanings.

    That being said, thanks for your opinion, along with all the others who have posted/will post.

    I finally get my key again for Malwarebytes Pro, so that is up and running.


    Anyone here use Bitdefender 2013? I'd like to hear from you as well.


    Hi :)

    I hope you are not calling me a liar...

    I own Computer shops and a Laptop repair company ...

    The Moderators know who I am if you need proof....

    And my use of the word Fix = Remove, both myself and my employees.

    And Mbam although a VERY good program is not enough to protect anyone...you NEED proper AV and Firewall..

    All the best Brett :)
  9. mcnumpty23 said:
    i did try bitdefender 2013 when it was in beta

    it was very good

    but as i got kis for free which is also well rated i didnt buy bitdefender when the beta ended



    Hi :)

    Ebuyer keeps sending us a free KIS with every motherboard we buy for the shops.... they go straight in the dustbin as we cannot think of anything else to do with them lol...

    All the best Brett :)
  10. mcnumpty23 said:
    i did try bitdefender 2013 when it was in beta

    it was very good

    but as i got kis for free which is also well rated i didnt buy bitdefender when the beta ended


    That would be a good reason to go to KIS.

    KIS is pretty good from what I'm seeing on it, but the special pricing for BitDefender right now is why I'm really looking at that as I don't think I could get it or KIS for free like you did. :)
  11. trickynick said:
    That would be a good reason to go to KIS.

    KIS is pretty good from what I'm seeing on it, but the special pricing for BitDefender right now is why I'm really looking at that as I don't think I could get it or KIS for free like you did. :)


    if you have internet banking browse their website

    i didnt know they gave it to their customers for free until i stumbled upon it in some section of their website--it wasnt on the front page

    your isp might also offer a free product

    i know BT offer customers mcafee

    if i hadnt got it for free then yes i would have bought bitdefender

    its very highly rated

    there is a free bitdefender--though i think its only the antivirus not the whole internet security suite and dont know if its limited compared to the paid version
  12. Just checked with my bank, they offer McAfee. So, that option is out. :)

    I really not worried about the money, but the price is just hard to pass up. $20.13 for 3 PCs, 1 year not matter which version of BitDefender you get. Even their $79.99 reg priced one.

    But I think Comodo is top notch, and being free makes it even that much better. I see no reason to get rid of it, except to have an All-in-One application where the AV and FireWall are in one application, which is why my OP and because I hate change. lol
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Firewalls Antivirus Windows 7