Firewall / Antivirus Questions

trickynick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Hi,

I'm looking to see if I should stick with what I have or should make a change.

Currently I have Avira Antivirus Premium & Comodo Firewall.

I'm not aware of any independent firewall testing sites, but know of two antivirus ones (av-comparatives.org and av-test.org) and both have put Bitdefender at the top of their list and I see that they also have a special promotion going on. So thinking maybe I should change.

Avira has advanced rating from av-comparatives, Bitdefender has advanced+.
On av-test, Bitdefender is at the top for protection, and Avira is not.

Should I make the change? If so, should I get the Bitdefender with the firewall or stick with Comodo?
I know this is something that everyone will have differing opinions on, but trying to ask experts that know about both antivirus and firewalls more than I do.

Hi :)

Thats your opinion only...

I fix viruses EVERY day in my shops and put Nis on afterwards... but we never see a machine with an up to date Norton and viruses.... we see plenty of machines with the free avs on AND viruses...

All the best Brett :)

trickynick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Not to sound mean, Brett, but Norton sucks.

If you truly do own a shop, as you claim, then you don't "fix viruses," you remove them off of computers. To me saying you fix them has other, negative, meanings.

That being said, thanks for your opinion, along with all the others who have posted/will post.

I finally get my key again for Malwarebytes Pro, so that is up and running.

Anyone here use Bitdefender 2013? I'd like to hear from you as well.

I hope you are not calling me a liar...

I own Computer shops and a Laptop repair company ...

The Moderators know who I am if you need proof....

And my use of the word Fix = Remove, both myself and my employees.

And Mbam although a VERY good program is not enough to protect anyone...you NEED proper AV and Firewall..

Ebuyer keeps sending us a free KIS with every motherboard we buy for the shops.... they go straight in the dustbin as we cannot think of anything else to do with them lol...

trickynick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010

That would be a good reason to go to KIS.

KIS is pretty good from what I'm seeing on it, but the special pricing for BitDefender right now is why I'm really looking at that as I don't think I could get it or KIS for free like you did. :)

if you have internet banking browse their website

i didnt know they gave it to their customers for free until i stumbled upon it in some section of their website--it wasnt on the front page

your isp might also offer a free product

i know BT offer customers mcafee

if i hadnt got it for free then yes i would have bought bitdefender

its very highly rated

there is a free bitdefender--though i think its only the antivirus not the whole internet security suite and dont know if its limited compared to the paid version

trickynick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Just checked with my bank, they offer McAfee. So, that option is out. :)

I really not worried about the money, but the price is just hard to pass up. $20.13 for 3 PCs, 1 year not matter which version of BitDefender you get. Even their $79.99 reg priced one.

But I think Comodo is top notch, and being free makes it even that much better. I see no reason to get rid of it, except to have an All-in-One application where the AV and FireWall are in one application, which is why my OP and because I hate change. lol