MN-700 and Linksys Range Expander WRE54G

Last response: in Networking
Share
October 2, 2004 4:34:40 PM

I am trying to trouble shoot a connectivity problem with a
Microsoft MN-700 Wireless Base Unit Router Access Point
and a Linksys Range Expander WRE54G.

I can't get the Range Expander to "find" the MN-700.

Linksys Tells me that the Access Point being "expanded"
needs to support WDS (Wireless Distribution System)
support.

I am unable to determine if the MN-700 supports this or
not.

Does anyone know for sure if this MN-700 does or does not
support this feature?

Thank you.
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 8:07:56 PM

The MN700 does NOT support WDS, sorry.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

The WRE54G is only compatiable with Linksys Routers and Access points,
thats why its not working with your MN-700.

!