Trying to re-boot laptop but options screen closes to quickly & goes black

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I hope someone can help my daughters laptop got slammed shut now it has a black screen tried to hold down keys like f8 f12 & ctrl delete alt i get a quick glance of options screen but then goes black again, i can access bios but dont know what todo on there

G

I hope someone can help my daughters laptop got slammed shut now it has a black screen tried to hold down keys like f8 f12 & ctrl delete alt i get a quick glance of options screen but then goes black again, i can access bios but dont know what todo on there
sorry forgot to say its a Toshiba Satellite laptop with WIndows 7 & Vista hp

Well, how hard was it slammed? If it was real hard, it could be a number of things: inverter, a wire was knocked loose or two, the graphics card was damaged, or even the LCD was damaged.

G

Not too hard, i have green lights on but hd/udd light blinks green, i can hear it trying to do things, im lost now..

G

I have just started getting the mesage a disc read error press ctrl alt & del to restart but i keep getting same message

nocheese

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
I have just started getting the mesage a disc read error press ctrl alt & del to restart but i keep getting same message

Well that's either the drive is bad or the connection between the drive and system is loose/bad. This can be fixed hopefully by just removing and reseating the drive. If drive is already in solid then either it's the connector is bad or the drive is toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.