Alternatives to Motherboard Monitor?

robduval

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2004
Hello,

I used to use Motherboard Monitor to keep track of my CPU and case temperatures, and now that I got my new motherboard (Biostar M7NCD) and reconfigured MBM, the temps seem off. It always reads my case temp. to be higher than my processor temp, and they are both unreasonable so I wanted to know...

Are there any programs similar to Motherboard Monitor that I could try?

Thanks,
Rob

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Well this question is either a Software question... or it is a Motherboard question... we have forums for both of these things. I am not really sure if it directly pertains to CPUs though, oh well, its answered now.

robduval

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2004
Yea, it is a question pertaining to the temperature of the CPU, so it's kind of both. I'll check out SpeedFan

RichPLS

Champion
*sniffs* me either *wails*

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

endyen

Splendid
It's probably that MBM is incorrectly identifying your sensors. You can manually alter them, but have to play till it looks right. My mobo (Asus K8N-E) wasn't even out when MBM got it's last update, but I have it working fine.

robduval

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2004
I guess it was installed right (MBM that is), because now my CPU reads at 47 degrees C which sounds right, but my case says 52 and that just can't be right. I only recently switched processors, so my case temp. should not have risen from 30-40-something to 52. I just want it to read right so I can overclock this bad boy.

My wife bought me a U2 Special Edition iPod for Xmas...

Neener neener neener...

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Wow... I'm not a big U2 fan, but I bet the iPod is pretty neat. I have a mini 6GB I am a pretty big fan of it... I want to throw it in the river everytime I look down and see the Apple logo, but oh well. And they could have done a much better job on software development for it. It isn't very user friendly, and it is very limited to the advanced user.

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
I had never even heard of the iriver... I didn't do any research as this was a gift from my wife (surprise). That does look very promising though, some of them even come with the built in FM transmitter... I wonder if that gets better reception than the iTrip (this is the only complaint I have had with the iPod so far).

What do you guys like better about the iriver? The software?

TRENDING THREADS