Printer Sharing

I am trying to share a printer over a Belkin Wireless
Router. The printer work properly--HP Series 2200-- on
the home computer. I have set-up workgroup properly.
When I go to add printer, I get back Micosoft Network--I
cannot get the printer to appear. The printer is enabled
for sharing. Any ideas.
2 answers Last reply
More about printer sharing

    On the computer that you want to add the printer to, go to Start | Run and
    put in \\computer name (the name of the computer that has the printer
    installed) and press enter. A folder will open up and show the shared
    printer, drag and drop that printer to your local machine's printer folder.

    "Seth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to share a printer over a Belkin Wireless
    > Router. The printer work properly--HP Series 2200-- on
    > the home computer. I have set-up workgroup properly.
    > When I go to add printer, I get back Micosoft Network--I
    > cannot get the printer to appear. The printer is enabled
    > for sharing. Any ideas.

    Well since File & printer sharing is provided by Windows this is a
    Windows issue & thus it should be discussed on a Windows newsgroup for
    the version of Windows you are running.

    Well lets look at the name of the newsgroup. It starts with "microsoft"
    so that must mean we only talk about Microsoft products. Next it says
    "public" so that means any person can post here. Then it says
    "broadbandnet" so since this is a Microsoft newsgroup it must be talking
    about the Microsoft Broadband Networking. Last but not least it says
    "hardware" So that must mean it is the Microsoft hardware for networking
    that we talk about.

    Thus this is not a general networking newsgroup, but one for the
    Microsoft Broadband networking hardware. I'd suggest either posting in
    a newsgroup for the hardware you are running, a general networking
    newsgroup, or one for whatever version of Windows you are running.

    Seth wrote:

    > I am trying to share a printer over a Belkin Wireless
    > Router. The printer work properly--HP Series 2200-- on
    > the home computer. I have set-up workgroup properly.
    > When I go to add printer, I get back Micosoft Network--I
    > cannot get the printer to appear. The printer is enabled
    > for sharing. Any ideas.

Routers Printers Networking