Sign in with
Your question

Trouble making Windows 7 see RAID array

Last response: in Windows 7
December 24, 2012 2:40:50 PM

In a new build I'm trying to create a RAID 1 array with two 1TB drives. The drive mode is set to RAID on the Motherboard, and I was able to successfully create the RAID within the Intel Rapid Storage BIOS. Once booted into windows, in the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Window it says recognizes that the RAID is there and says the status is normal. It has been initialized through this program also (although i have read that there is no need to initialize for a RAID 1). In Disk Manager I can see my SSD that windows boots from, and 1 WD 1TB drive (There is 2 there though, but this makes me think that it sees that its a RAID) and it shows it as unallocated space. In "My Computer" the only drive i can see is my SSD. So i guess my question is what do i need to do to make Windows see the RAID in "My Computer"? This is my first RAID build so im new the the RAIDing world. I can post screen shots if that will help.

System Specs:
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
Intel 335 (OS Boot Drive)
2X WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD (For RAID)
a b $ Windows 7
December 24, 2012 3:43:30 PM

are you sure you created an ARRAY in the Intel RST BIOS program with Both drives? then you'll be able to create a VOLUME

here's what you should see in Windows RST when properly set up
!