Best Source for Large Capacitors on Twilight Zone Board?

Hi I am looking for the best source for the Large Capacitors on a Twilight
Zone power driver board.I know Williams(Bally)used these same style board in
several games of that era.So I would think there should be some place that
carries these large capacitors for a fair price.The size of the Caps I am
looking for are 25 Volts and 15000 UF.I have found a few places that have 25
volts but not high enough to be 15000 UF.I also would like to find some caps
that are near or exactly the same size and not come up with some that are
like 6 inches tall.The ones in the game are about the size of a 50 cent
piece around and near two inches tall.Probally a little shorter than two
inches.Anyone who deals with these game will know exactly what part I am
talking about.Any help would be appreciated.Please post here or email me at
tripod@cswnet.com Thanks Dave

www. bayareaamusements.com $1.75/each - better than original
specifications, high quality manufacturer.

rick

"David&Amber" <tripod@cswnet.com> wrote in message
> Hi I am looking for the best source for the Large Capacitors on a Twilight
> Zone power driver board.I know Williams(Bally)used these same style board
> in
> several games of that era.So I would think there should be some place that
> carries these large capacitors for a fair price.The size of the Caps I am
> looking for are 25 Volts and 15000 UF.I have found a few places that have
> 25
> volts but not high enough to be 15000 UF.I also would like to find some
> caps
> that are near or exactly the same size and not come up with some that are
> like 6 inches tall.The ones in the game are about the size of a 50 cent
> piece around and near two inches tall.Probally a little shorter than two
> inches.Anyone who deals with these game will know exactly what part I am
> talking about.Any help would be appreciated.Please post here or email me
> at
> tripod@cswnet.com Thanks Dave

Looks to me like the caps are $4 on your site, Rick. You must've confused
them with the bridge rectifiers @ $1.75

I think I might have saved a nickle on my last bunch off your price through
Mouser, but I'd rather buy them from you in the future and pay a nickle
more!

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"Bay Area Amusements LLC" <rick@bayareaamusements.com> wrote in message
> www. bayareaamusements.com $1.75/each - better than original
> specifications, high quality manufacturer.
>
> rick
>
> "David&Amber" <tripod@cswnet.com> wrote in message
>> Hi I am looking for the best source for the Large Capacitors on a
>> Twilight
>> Zone power driver board.I know Williams(Bally)used these same style board
>> in
>> several games of that era.So I would think there should be some place
>> that
>> carries these large capacitors for a fair price.The size of the Caps I am
>> looking for are 25 Volts and 15000 UF.I have found a few places that have
>> 25
>> volts but not high enough to be 15000 UF.I also would like to find some
>> caps
>> that are near or exactly the same size and not come up with some that are
>> like 6 inches tall.The ones in the game are about the size of a 50 cent
>> piece around and near two inches tall.Probally a little shorter than two
>> inches.Anyone who deals with these game will know exactly what part I am
>> talking about.Any help would be appreciated.Please post here or email me
>> at
>> tripod@cswnet.com Thanks Dave

Rick's got pretty good prices.

The ones he has on his website look to be United Chemi-Con caps -- 15000uF /
35V caps. At $4 each - that's quite abit less than Mouser (part nuimber
SMH35VN153M35X35T2).

-- Ed

"John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message
> Looks to me like the caps are $4 on your site, Rick. You must've confused
> them with the bridge rectifiers @ $1.75
>
> I think I might have saved a nickle on my last bunch off your price
> through Mouser, but I'd rather buy them from you in the future and pay a
> nickle more!
>
> --
> http://www.myhomegameroom.com
>

> "Bay Area Amusements LLC" <rick@bayareaamusements.com> wrote in message
>> www. bayareaamusements.com $1.75/each - better than original
>> specifications, high quality manufacturer.
>>
>> rick
>>
>> "David&Amber" <tripod@cswnet.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi I am looking for the best source for the Large Capacitors on a
>>> Twilight
>>> Zone power driver board.I know Williams(Bally)used these same style
>>> board in
>>> several games of that era.So I would think there should be some place
>>> that
>>> carries these large capacitors for a fair price.The size of the Caps I
>>> am
>>> looking for are 25 Volts and 15000 UF.I have found a few places that
>>> have 25
>>> volts but not high enough to be 15000 UF.I also would like to find some
>>> caps
>>> that are near or exactly the same size and not come up with some that
>>> are
>>> like 6 inches tall.The ones in the game are about the size of a 50 cent
>>> piece around and near two inches tall.Probally a little shorter than two
>>> inches.Anyone who deals with these game will know exactly what part I am
>>> talking about.Any help would be appreciated.Please post here or email me
>>> at
>>> tripod@cswnet.com Thanks Dave

Thanks for the refernce, Del!

Unfortunately, I'm currently sold out of the cap's he's looking for.
I normally carry Cornell Dubilier 380LX series caps at $4 each.

-- Ed

"Del" <delmail333@gmail.com> wrote in message
> http://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products_main.asp

and if you buy 350 of them you will be a silver level customer and win the
respect of the Bay Area Amusement Staff..... Woo Hoo....

Can vouch for Rick, I seem to be paying my mortgage to him lately.....

Bernie KC-Pinball

"Bay Area Amusements LLC" <rick@bayareaamusements.com> wrote in message
> www. bayareaamusements.com $1.75/each - better than original
> specifications, high quality manufacturer.
>
> rick
>
> "David&Amber" <tripod@cswnet.com> wrote in message
>> Hi I am looking for the best source for the Large Capacitors on a
>> Twilight
>> Zone power driver board.I know Williams(Bally)used these same style board
>> in
>> several games of that era.So I would think there should be some place
>> that
>> carries these large capacitors for a fair price.The size of the Caps I am
>> looking for are 25 Volts and 15000 UF.I have found a few places that have
>> 25
>> volts but not high enough to be 15000 UF.I also would like to find some
>> caps
>> that are near or exactly the same size and not come up with some that are
>> like 6 inches tall.The ones in the game are about the size of a 50 cent
>> piece around and near two inches tall.Probally a little shorter than two
>> inches.Anyone who deals with these game will know exactly what part I am
>> talking about.Any help would be appreciated.Please post here or email me
>> at
>> tripod@cswnet.com Thanks Dave

Ricks $4 caps are also a great replacement for Bally solendoid
driver/voltage regulator boards.

Bay Area Amusements LLC wrote:
> www. bayareaamusements.com $1.75/each - better than original
> specifications, high quality manufacturer.
>
> rick
>
> "David&Amber" <tripod@cswnet.com> wrote in message
> > Hi I am looking for the best source for the Large Capacitors on a Twilight
> > Zone power driver board.I know Williams(Bally)used these same style board
> > in
> > several games of that era.So I would think there should be some place that
> > carries these large capacitors for a fair price.The size of the Caps I am
> > looking for are 25 Volts and 15000 UF.I have found a few places that have
> > 25
> > volts but not high enough to be 15000 UF.I also would like to find some
> > caps
> > that are near or exactly the same size and not come up with some that are
> > like 6 inches tall.The ones in the game are about the size of a 50 cent
> > piece around and near two inches tall.Probally a little shorter than two
> > inches.Anyone who deals with these game will know exactly what part I am
> > talking about.Any help would be appreciated.Please post here or email me
> > at
> > tripod@cswnet.com Thanks Dave

I found the invoice, I bought them from Digikey, not Mouser. P/N is
P6577-ND, paid around $3.99 for them

If Rick's for $4 are better caps, even a better reason to buy from him
next time!

Digikey gets these under 3 bucks apiece if you buy 50 of them, though!
At 5 per power driver, it wouldn't take long!

-