I've spent the last couple of days looking through a LOAD of laptops looking for the right one. I'm having some trouble balancing power and price, so I was wondering what you guys think.
I need a laptop that can play Final Fantasy XIV and is less than 17inch. The best way to test the Final Fantasy XIV compatibility is with their benchmark app (here) so if anyone has a laptop that they reckon would be worth recommending, if you could post your results of the benchmark here, that would be awesome.
Hello and welcome to the forums
We need more information so fill the FAQ first(link in my sig)
September 28, 2010 1:08:42 PM
1. What is your budget?
£1000 at most, preferred around £800-900 (even lower than that would be awesome )
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
No preference. Needs to be decent enough to play games with.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop Replacement is probably what I'll have to get to fit the specs. I mean, if the specs can be fit into a portable laptop then that'd be great, but if not, I wouldn't mind a desktop replacement.
5. How much battery life do you need?
I will be plugged into mains during most usage, so battery life doesn't have to be long.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Final Fantasy XIV on Medium at least.
Eve Online on High.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Watching movies, web browsing/general use, and light gaming (mainly Final Fantasy XIV and Eve Online).
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Anything larger than 200gb.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 18 months. But preferably nearer 2 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM + Writer will be sufficient. Don't need Bluray.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I've had bad experiences with Acers support, but wouldn't mind another laptop from them if it was what I wanted. Aside from this one reservation, I don't mind brands, considering they're sturdy.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
One of the key requirements of the laptop is the ability to play Final Fantasy XIV.