Wow,

I picked this machine up from Mark at MTW Enterprises to round out a
game room at my office, and I can't stop playing this thing.. Someone
posted earlier how they couldn't even figure out how they got the big
jackpot which is what i really like about this game - lots of different
shots, good flow, good ruleset, etc.

It is my first game of this type (System 11?) and it is quickly
becoming my favorite.

I know the word is getting out about the game because I bought it based
on posts from the NG so if you get a chance to get one I would jump on
it!!

-Jeff

Welcome to the club, Jeff. WW is the only game that I sold and missed
so much that within 3 months, bought another.....and I sold a TZ, TAF
and IJ. I'm about half done with the restoration of my second one and
this one is a keeper.

I find it different then most WPC games out there.

Can you say RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS?

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

Jeff Beyer wrote:
> Wow,
>
> I picked this machine up from Mark at MTW Enterprises to round out a
> game room at my office, and I can't stop playing this thing.. Someone
> posted earlier how they couldn't even figure out how they got the big
> jackpot which is what i really like about this game - lots of different
> shots, good flow, good ruleset, etc.
>
> It is my first game of this type (System 11?) and it is quickly
> becoming my favorite.
>
> I know the word is getting out about the game because I bought it based
> on posts from the NG so if you get a chance to get one I would jump on
> it!!
>
> -Jeff

White Water is a WPC pin
Whirlwind is a Sys 11

White Water has a DMD
Whirlwind does not

Both are great games, and are permanent fixtures of my collection, and I
have at least 3 friends who have them both and would never part with them!

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

Jeff Beyer wrote:
> Wow,
>
> I picked this machine up from Mark at MTW Enterprises to round out a
> game room at my office, and I can't stop playing this thing.. Someone
> posted earlier how they couldn't even figure out how they got the big
> jackpot which is what i really like about this game - lots of different
> shots, good flow, good ruleset, etc.
>
> It is my first game of this type (System 11?) and it is quickly
> becoming my favorite.
>
> I know the word is getting out about the game because I bought it based
> on posts from the NG so if you get a chance to get one I would jump on
> it!!
>
> -Jeff

I bought my JD from Mark. I saw two different White Water machines
there. Did you buy the one with the EL on the ramps?

Matt

I agree, Whitewater is indeed the bee's knees. The one machine that I
will never sell or trade. Except maybe to get a nicer one. And that's
a big maybe. Worn PF, holey boulders, cloudy ramps. She's not much to
look at, but plays like a champ. I have not yet attained Vacation
Jackpot, but have come oh so close once or twice. And yes, hitting a
triple jackpot when 5X playfield is started is one of pinball (and
life's) fine pleasures. Not easy to get these to sync up, but when
they do...sweet.
Brian

"Jeff Beyer" <drjbeyer@aol.com> wrote in message
> game room at my office, and I can't stop playing this thing.. Someone
> posted earlier how they couldn't even figure out how they got the big
> jackpot which is what i really like about this game - lots of different
Seeing that this is the second time it has been pointed out ....

Unless you are running really really really old ROM code there is a Vacation
Planner that shows up during the game (or if you hold the flipper in?) that
shows your progress towards vacation jackpot.

Small spoiler space
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
Achieve river class 6 (either legitimately, or through an award from spirit
or the river)
Collect all 6 boulders
Start Wet Willies

Then lock your 3rd ball for Whitewater Multiball.

If you are running L2 or earlier code (perhaps even L3, I can't remember
specifically), there is an exploit at the start of Whirlpool and Gold Mine
Multiball that allows you to easily get River Class VI. I run L5 and find
the best strategy to get the River Class up is to just shoot No Way Out, and
then not flip with the upper flipper and allow the ball to drop into the
right inline to spot a River Letter. Repeat 30 times. Try not to hit the
green standups when you do this.

Regards,
Andy

River class VI is, by far, the hardest part of trying to get to the
"VJ". If you are lucky enough to receive that award from the Spirit of
the River, you better make sure you have a great game. Don't want to
waste that one 'cause it won't come around again for many games.
Nothing worse than getting the 5m or 6m award. Worthless compared to
some of the other awards (especially Extra Ball is Lit, Advance 3
rafts, River Class VI).

I really hate the method you describe above (keep shooting the ball
into No Way Out and then letting it roll through the inlane 30 times).
Boy, is that boring...but it is really the only way to achieve class
VI. Very difficult to get there just during normal gameplay. Rare to
have 30 inlanes without a single outlane. Nothing worse than draining
when you are all the way up to class V and only need a couple more
RIVER letters. Very frustrating. But then again...that's what keeps
me coming back for more. The sign of a truly great game!

Ted

> I really hate the method you describe above (keep shooting the ball
> into No Way Out and then letting it roll through the inlane 30 times).
> Boy, is that boring...but it is really the only way to achieve class
> VI.

I prefer to get to class VI by shooting the pinball up the left ramp
onto the mini-playfield and let it roll back through the right ramp
into the right inlane.. from the right flipper you can make that shot
over and over
(at least you should be able to) and this will score you a lot of
multi-millions :)
(btw if I get 5x scoring and am too far from starting multiball I also
go for multi-millions and try to repeat it as much as possible).

I don't start this from level 1, but if I see I have a good ball and
got unto level 3 or 4, then I'll try to get to level 6 this way.

Much safer than the no way out, esp. as that kickout is very
unpredictable on my machine.

To another poster: the game does show your progress towards the
vacation jackpot (although maybe this depends on your rom versio ??).
If I'm not mistaken it's if you shoot the ball towards the whirlpool
when that's not lit. When the ball is in the whirlpool it shows an
animation of the whirlpool, and then before it's kicked out from the
lost mine it shows your progress towards vacation jackpot.

Aeneas.
-- http://www.flippers.be

Aeneas,

It is much more exciting (faster, more flow) to shoot the left ramp for
multi-millions and then let it drain to the right inlane to light the
RIVER letters, but I also think that it's much more difficult. I can
make that shot a few times in a row (making the dog bark after a
certain number of them...maybe 4?), but not over and over again to the
point where I can get to River Class VI. I think the No Way Out shot
is much, much easier to hit repeatedly. It borders on insanely easy
(and therefore, boring). What's wrong with your kickout? Mine rolls
to the upper flipper every single time.

You're right...if you can't get the multiball going when in 5x
playfield, hitting the multi-millions shot is a decent alternative. I
normally just go for the lit hazard shots though as those can be very
lucrative as well (especially if moving up a raft) and it also
progresses you towards Wet Willy's.

Lastly, you are correct that you can check your status via an unlit
Whirlpool shot. I hate that shot though. Number one...is it
worthless. Number 2 you have the ball flying out of the Lost Mine and
that can sometimes lead to very bad things (gotta regain controll very
quickly). Not worth the trouble just to get a status. Wait 'til you
lose the ball and then hold both flippers.

Ted

> What's wrong with your kickout? Mine rolls
> to the upper flipper every single time.

It kicks the ball just to the right of the right flipper, straight unto
the metal.
So a lot of it's energy is lost and it bounces, sometimes far enough to
get onto the left flipper, but sometimes just not far enough so it
drains :(

I still have to shop this game and try to change its behavious..
on a friends Whitewater you could catch the ball holding the right
flipper up, and it would go into the inlane and score 2 river letters
(once rolling up and rolling down again).. making it very easy to get
to class 6, I think on my 2nd or 3rd game on his machine I already got
the vacation jackpot :)

Aeneas.