Critical Update has completely screwed up my wireless netw..

Well I made a post here about a month or two ago regarding
the critical update. Ever since I installed it I have been
unable to access the internet on the computer that was
connected wirelessly. It worked perfectly fine on an MN500
router before this update. I have tried everything I could
think of. I tried removing the update. I turned off
firewalls and tried with and w/o WEP. I installed the
update on both computers (both with XP and SP1). I
searched for an updated driver for my SMC wireless adaptor
but there weren't any. I formatted both computers to see
if I could get rid of the update but to no avail. The
update was suppose to prepare for SP2 so I tried installing
SP2 as a last resort and it did nothing as well. As of now
I have no more ideas on what to do. I have pretty much
read through everything in this newsgroup that mentions the
update or MN500 and nothing seems to work. I tried the
"turning wireless zero off" solution and it did nothing at
all.

Does anyone have any other solutions? Will rolling back my
firmware to the factory default version do anything? Help!
3 answers Last reply
More about critical update completely screwed wireless netw

    I have exactly the same problem.. tried everything.. sorry
    that I cannot help.. but be reasured it is not just you!
    I am suprised that with all the talk here no one has a
    clue..

    The problem is you didn't say what of several hundred updates it was
    that caused the problem.

    Dennis wrote:

    > Well I made a post here about a month or two ago regarding
    > the critical update. Ever since I installed it I have been
    > unable to access the internet on the computer that was
    > connected wirelessly. It worked perfectly fine on an MN500
    > router before this update. I have tried everything I could
    > think of. I tried removing the update. I turned off
    > firewalls and tried with and w/o WEP. I installed the
    > update on both computers (both with XP and SP1). I
    > searched for an updated driver for my SMC wireless adaptor
    > but there weren't any. I formatted both computers to see
    > if I could get rid of the update but to no avail. The
    > update was suppose to prepare for SP2 so I tried installing
    > SP2 as a last resort and it did nothing as well. As of now
    > I have no more ideas on what to do. I have pretty much
    > read through everything in this newsgroup that mentions the
    > update or MN500 and nothing seems to work. I tried the
    > "turning wireless zero off" solution and it did nothing at
    > all.
    >
    > Does anyone have any other solutions? Will rolling back my
    > firmware to the factory default version do anything? Help!

    assistance.

    time.

    Nigel wrote:

    > I have exactly the same problem.. tried everything.. sorry
    > that I cannot help.. but be reasured it is not just you!
    > I am suprised that with all the talk here no one has a
    > clue..

    assistance.

    time.

Routers Wireless Networking