Distinguished
Jul 10, 2005
yeah,everyday we talk about Athlon64 FX series,but
now iwant to know the meaning of 'FX'!!
could anyone help me? all ideas are welcome

AiloveHaibara

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2005
yes,i support them,but could u tell me directly?
the url is so long and it takes too much time to open it,
my browser can't open it!!
just help me,thanks

RichPLS

Champion
<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=214543#214543" target="_new"> linky so you do not have to copy paste </A>

<A HREF="http://www.kimdutoit.com/ee/index.php/rant/single/moron_of_the_year" target="_new"> and here is one stoopid dood! </A>

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

AiloveHaibara

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2005
hey,what's that link??!!
theres nothing about FX on that page!
please dont cheat^_^ ^_^
i wonder the meaning of FX,give a hand please

RichPLS

Champion
Try the first one I gave...

The second one seems much more fitting now... ;)

So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

G

Umm it stand for F*cking Xpensive!
And intels part is called EE as in Extremly Expensive

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0

RichPLS

Champion
Yeah I imagine it would be! Both cheeks too! I can just hear him saying, watch this, hold my beer! LOL!

RichPLS

Champion
Fricken Xpensive!

pokemon

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
<A HREF="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Dumbest+questions+to+ask&btnG=Google+Search" target="_new">This should help</A>

850mhz... How fast are you?

RichPLS

Champion
as in RC Rules in effect! ;)

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The meaning of 'FX' is simply that it sounded cooler to AMD's marketing department than something like 'AB Neg' or 'O Pos'. And things like + and ++ have been done to death already.

<font color=red> :evil: یί∫υєг ρђœŋίχ :evil:
<i>The devil is in the details.</i></font color=red>
@ 192K -> 200,000 miles or bust!

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
how does AMD offical explain it??

Not sure, no less nut bar than extreme edition as in Pentium EE..

Maybe AMD has a meaning behind it I don't know. If I had to guess I'd think FX stood for effects since all AMD FX cpu's have the effect of winning the performance crown (over all) since introduction into the x86 world. Has THG yet acknowledged the FX as the overall performance crown in x86 yet? If not I wonder why.. Really though who cares EE or FX what should mater is what is the best value for you and your computing needs. Marketing will always be there it's up to you as the consumer to see through all the BS. AFAIK Intel is the king of marketing but that don't mean they are the king of value or performance for that matter.

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart. <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by darko21 on 07/11/05 10:56 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

You're not the only person who wants one. :wink: It's a lot of money and you have to decide whether or not the performance increase is worth the price increase for you.

RichPLS

Champion
Chicks dig the FX-57. Even just talking about getting one causes chicks to get moist.

I want one as much as I want a moist chick! The issue is that I don't want to spend the money on it...

RichPLS

Champion
If ya don't sling the bling, ya ain't getting either one! ;)

FX or moist chick?

I have no problems with the moist chick - the wife stays ready.