removing a WPC playfield

Has anyone ever documented exactly what connectors are required to
remove a playfield from a WPC machine? For example, I'm about to pull
this Funhouse playfield out to stick on the rotisserie, but what a mess
to unplug.

I've dismantled WPC machines before, but I've always done it to remove
both head and playfield so I could move a machine up or down stairs by
myself. I've never tried to do just one or the other.

MitchelWB

And for the record... on a funhouse, these are the connectors I
removed: Not all of them were needed, and I think there was one more
that I didn't get written down, but this will get you pretty darn
close:

J207, J209

J138, J133, J130, J127, J126, J122, J117, J109, J107

and the knocker connection. playfield pulled out on the first try.

MitchelWB

well I figured that much :)

But with the machine packed in between a CV and a F-14, my fat ass
barely fits in there, let alone well enough to trace the wires.

Plus, one a game like Funhouse, where it doesn't have the playfield
sliders to pull it out, it's just that much harder to figure out what
wires go to what because you can't really see down in there very well.

But I managed. And without the wife laughing at me!

MitchelWB

Pretty simple. Follow the wire bundles from the rear of the playfield and
unplug everything they go to. Pictures, notes, mark them, etc. helps. LTG :)