theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
that i have never put a hef onto a chip b4.... all i did was them old stuff where it was just one piece of big metal glued with special glue or it was done for me cuz it was an old one.... anyone have a pictured guide on how to put an amd cpu together with stock hsf or non stock hsf? thanks....

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
If you bought retail it should have directions.

<font color=red>It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious<font color=red>

If you didn't buy retail CPU, then the mobo manual will have instructions in it. Really simple process, especially with the stock HSFs from AMD. When you start upgrading to huge HSFs like the Thermaltake XP-120 or the Zalman 7700, then you start getting into a little more difficult mounting procedure.

What HSF are you using?

Download the mobo manual from the board you want to buy and see if it has directions for installing the HSF. That or check the website of the HSF maker you are going to use (if not going with the stock AMD HSF).