The Suffering - Notebook compatibility

Has anyone tried running the game "The Suffering" on a notebook with a
Mobility Radeon 7500C? The game's stated requirements include DX 8.1
compliance, but you can disable certain DX8 features within the game (such
as shader support). I also managed to get it running on a GeForce 420MX
which only has DX7 compliance. Do the 7500Cs at least have onboard T&L
support? Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about suffering notebook compatibility

    Tim wrote:
    > Has anyone tried running the game "The Suffering" on a notebook with a
    > Mobility Radeon 7500C? The game's stated requirements include DX 8.1
    > compliance, but you can disable certain DX8 features within the game
    > (such as shader support). I also managed to get it running on a
    > GeForce 420MX which only has DX7 compliance. Do the 7500Cs at least
    > have onboard T&L support? Thanks in advance.

    From my limited experience with marginally adequate video adapters,
    reducing the screen resolution is the biggest factor for improving frame
    rates, followed by color depth. These can make room for keeping some of
    the graphics effects that make the game visually enjoyable. If your
    adapter has shared RAM, there might not be much you can do to improve
    performance, though. Trial and error testing is time consumming, but
    you can find the "sweet spot" for your adapter if you have the patience
    (and there is enough basic graphics power to make it worthwhile). Many
    console gamers abandoned PC gaming for the reasons you are dealing with
    ..

Dell Notebooks Games Compatibility Computers