Mozzy?

RichPLS

Champion
Wonder if his extremely overclocked rig had a meltdown.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

well i know a man like that has multiple rigs,

im kinda wondering if he made it through dennis ok or not.

"Like a scrotum, there it is in a nutshell."
<font color=red>Roll Tide!</font color=red>
<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Apathetic As<i></i>shole.}=-</A>

RichPLS

Champion
I am pretty sure Dennis did not effect Hattisburg much but I could be mistaken. I am about 50 miles due south and we got virtually nothing but light rain and 20 to 30mph gusts. I believe the track was a good bit east of him, more in bama

So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
I did recieve an IM from him. It seems that Dennis is affecting his area. Good luck to Moz and all other affected by this storm.

<font color=red>"Battling Gimps and Dimbulbs HERE at THGC"</font color=red>

"<font color=blue> Wusy</font color=blue> <-Professional sheep banger"

The most likely impact in that area would be flooding, but Dennis has cleared the area... Like Rich I live about 50 miles south of Moz - actually about 35 miles East of Rich. We saw some steady winds around 40-45MPH, some higher gusts and a little 2-3 inches of rain. Overall, the impact was minimal. Trodical Storm Cindy (hit the Monday before Dennis) actually dropped as much rain and gave us higher winds than Dennis.

I still have the plywood around to board up for the next storm barreling towards the Gulf of Mexico - Emily. It's been one interesting hurricane season so far and looks like we will break even more records this year. Dennis was the first Cat 4 hurricane to ever strike the US in July. We were lucky that it was travelling so fast or it would have done a LOT more damage.

<font color=red>You're a boil on the arse of progress - don't make me squeeze you!</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Rugger on 07/12/05 04:18 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
wow man, well good luck to anyone affected by this storm and the next one (emily) hopefully all of ya and family members r fine and you guys (or gals if any) got out with your primary rigs :)

yeah it didnt get to bad here, but mozzy is just west of me and thats where most of it hit.

<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Apathetic As<i></i>shole.}=-</A>

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Im here, but Dennis caused a few problems. The weather was fairly calm for a category 3"4?" hurricane, but I live in one of the countys that always seems to get the oddball twisters. I lost power and after 4 hours of sitting in the dark I headed back to Moms house. About an hour after I got to her house another twister hit the North end of the county. Mostly farmers and a group of German Baptist live in this area. The Minonites"German Baptist" as well as the farmers can lose everything in bad weather, so I joined up with a group of guys and weve been helping the locals round up livestock, repair fences, ....... you get the picture.

PF, I feel your pain with this 56k BS. No, make that 28.8 :tongue: Blazing fast! I should be back at home in the next day or so, just in time to get ready for the next storm thats headed our way. WTF? The Gulf of Mexico is having HELL this year.

BTW, the check is in the mail :wink:

ASUS P5WD2 Premium
Intel 3.73 EE @ 5.6Ghz
XMS2 DDR2 @ 1180Mhz

<A HREF="http://valid.x86-secret.com/records.php?PHPSESSID=792e8f49d5d9b8a4d1ad6f40ca029756" target="_new">#2 CPUZ</A>
SuperPI 25secs

lad to hear youre ok, i was worried, cuz i had a couple friends actually lose their houses in mobile. good luck with the dialup(and yours still owns me on the opposite end though :wink: )good luck and stay dry!

RichPLS

Champion
Sorry yall had it rough. We "breezed through the storm" down here. Now what do we do with all this crap spam, Vienna sausage and Raman noodles :) I bought a deep freeze a month ago, and have two full sized fridges so I figured dang wife would fill up deep freeze with storm, since I filled up fridge with 3 cases of Bud, we would have a continuous cookout for like two weeks, but NO, the friggin freezer is EMPTY!!!! Aaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!

RichPLS

Champion
Twas it you who said Cindy twernt windy, but now say Dennis was a menace!?!

RichPLS

Champion
You guys up north have it so good... I mean cool clean dry air, when we get a dry day, we are at 85% humidity with 95% humidity on average throughout the summer. [wipes sweat from brow]

up north?!!?!? lmfao AHAHAHAH

we have the same humidty my friend, what parts of MS are you at?

RichPLS

Champion
just imagine, uhhh, SOUTH!!!!

RichPLS

Champion
so far south, not even on an island, think . . . ** ques music ** Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip, that started from this tropic port, aboard this tiny ship. The mate was a mighty sailing man, the skipper brave and sure!
Five passengers set sail that day, for a three hour tour, a three hour tourrr! [/sad, very sad I remember that]

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
I live here in Texas and I get all kinds of humidity from the gulf! 105 + 95% = Hell!

<font color=red>"Battling Gimps and Dimbulbs HERE at THGC"</font color=red>

"<font color=blue> Wusy</font color=blue> <-Professional sheep banger"

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
I guess we're OK then, I live across El Paso TX and today it's 70 + 65% right now and the high is going to be about 97

<font color=red>It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious<font color=red>

It's like breathing a mist most of the time during the summer! Sucks big donkey balls...

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
lol i live in northern ontario (in canada for throse who do not know) and we got our record high temp and longest hot days this year...... its been 37 C for nearly 3 weeks..... (rare for us as usally we get 1-4 day of 32 C.....)

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
You didnt mention a gas powered generator. I do hope you have one because the beer would get hot quick if the power gets knocked out :lol:

We really didnt get much bad weather, ive seen it much worse. Back in my Rescuse Unit days we would get really close to tornadoes. Years ago, we were cutting this guy out of an overturned vehicle with the Jaws of life "Yes a TWISTER flipped the vehicle" and I realized that a train was getting really close. The problem was that we werent near any train tracks. For those of you who have never been close to a tornado, they sound like a train when they get close. Anyway, the farmers and the family of Minonites were the ones that were having a hard time. The Minonites dont have electricity to begin with"Religious implications" so when there fences go down they cant just pick up the phone to call for help. Weve been helping them get their livestock situated. They are really good people. They try to not mix with society because of their beleifs, but they are the first to show up when someone loses a home or barn.... and they will stay until a new one is built. BTW, they dont ask for money. You dont find people of that caliber very often.

ASUS P5WD2 Premium
Intel 3.73 EE @ 5.6Ghz
XMS2 DDR2 @ 1180Mhz

<A HREF="http://valid.x86-secret.com/records.php?PHPSESSID=792e8f49d5d9b8a4d1ad6f40ca029756" target="_new">#2 CPUZ</A>
SuperPI 25secs

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
Good to have you back. People like that are far and few between...not to mention take a lot of crap from the general populus. There's a camp about 3 hrs from where i live now, that has several mennonites living on it, and they helped out when the main hall took a beating from a storm. Some Friends and I went up and helped put a new roof on it. It's nice to get out and do <i>real</i> work every once in a while. =D

F@H:
AMD: [64 3000+][2500+][2400+][2000+][1.3][366]
Intel: [X 3.0x3][P4 3.0x2][P4 2.4x5 down][P4 1.4]

"...and i'm not gay" RX8 -Greatest Quote of ALL Time