Sign in with
Your question

Intel,AMD Dual core done right.

Last response: in CPUs
July 13, 2005 3:21:29 PM

<A HREF="http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=a64x2&pa..." target="_new"> clicky to read all about it </A>

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.

More about : intel amd dual core

July 13, 2005 4:38:00 PM

They look like AMD fanbois, but it's a good review if you don't read the comments and just compare the data.

<b><font color=green>Celibacy is not hereditary<font color=green></b>
July 13, 2005 10:45:04 PM

LOL you could be right. Personaly the title makes me think it might be a shot at THG.
Maybe the answer is somewhere in the middle.

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.
Related resources
July 13, 2005 11:34:34 PM

"Still, if you’re looking for a true budget dual-core solution, Intel’s Pentium-D reaches price points the X2 cannot touch at this time. Rumors have abounded that AMD will release a lower clocked X2 model to address these needs, but we have not seen any concrete evidence of such a processor yet.

Sorry Intel, you’ve been beat once again. "

Aren't those kind of contradictions? "The Pentium D may be slower, but it's significantly cheaper. Obviously, the Intel chip sucks."

A Mercedes CLK-GTR is faster and wayyyy more expensive than a Toyota Camry. Sorry Toyota, you're losing.

Intel knows their chips don't compete performance wise and has priced them as such. Is anyone else kind of tired of this display?

I'm just your average habitual smiler =D
July 13, 2005 11:44:49 PM

I dont see the price/performance advantage to an Intel setup. Either you are going to drop a bunch of doe for radical cooling, extra aircond, and hydro, or you will have to buy a new mobo every 3 weeks.
Having said that, if Intel holds the price line when they go 65 nanos, and FD SOI, they will have a winner.
I'm also going to toss in my standard bitch. If they had used a northwood type core, on 90 nanos, we would probably be cheering them now.
July 14, 2005 12:04:48 AM

If they had used dual-dothans, with EM64T, I would probably get one. Bud sadly enough, intel doesn't seem to realise that their salvation is right in front of their noses. Quite a shame, actually.
!