I don't use color ink

Status
Not open for further replies.

highonfaith

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Hello,
I don't use color ink, only on special occasions for printing pics at holidays or so forth. But for the most part I simply can't afford color cartridges. So, I use only black. How do I stop HP printer D1660 to stop reminding me that I need color ink? It is so annoying. It is like they badger you until you put a cartridge in. There must be a way to disable it? So, that when I'm READY, and only when I'm ready i can put in my color cartridge. Anyone Know??

Solution
No way, uninstall the full package of the drivers, just leave the core drivers, that will prevent it coming up in Windows, but not any messages on the printer itself. If you don't use color, try a used laser jet. They are pretty cheap, reliable, and much lower ink cost than inkjets. I like the HP2200 series.
No way, uninstall the full package of the drivers, just leave the core drivers, that will prevent it coming up in Windows, but not any messages on the printer itself. If you don't use color, try a used laser jet. They are pretty cheap, reliable, and much lower ink cost than inkjets. I like the HP2200 series.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.