System Specs

AMD 550 processor PhenomX4
Asus Motherboard MA8LT LE
Crosair Value Select 2X 2GB (4GBRAM)
ATI Saphire 5770 GPU
Viewsonic 18.5 Monitor
Segate 500 GB HDD
Gigabyte Luxo X142 cabinet

I can spend about Rs/10,000 ($200-220) for a system upgrade. I play lot of games and would like all your suggestions in upgrading the system which would help increase my gaming experience or make it future proof.

Appreciate your response

Solution
Something you have to think about is that a 32-bit system only can "handle" 3,2 GB RAM, if putting in 4 GB the system would get SLOWER than if you put in 3 GB RAM. As other have mention 8 GB RAM is the absolute lowest sum if you want your PC to last for many years., but then you have to own a 64-bit Windows. When I am planning to buy a new PC I always choose out what components I want to have, and then wait a year and get those components for the half prize. Only that a product is 1 year old its still that high-end or mid-end good and NOT bad at all! To get your PC to last longer I highly recommend you to get two identical GPUs and run them in SLI/Crossfire, you will get almost the doubble quality/power when playing games. You will get...

On 32-bit systems the max RAM is 4 GBs.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978610

Your Win 7 Ultimate includes both 32-bit as well as 64-bit versions. You must choose during installation. Re-install Win 7 Ultimate and choose the 64-bit version. Then you can increase the RAM to 8 GBs or higher. You can go up to 192 GBs depending on how much the motherboard will support; definitely more than 8 GBs.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778(v=vs.85).aspx#physical_memory_limits_windows_7

DarthTengil

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Something you have to think about is that a 32-bit system only can "handle" 3,2 GB RAM, if putting in 4 GB the system would get SLOWER than if you put in 3 GB RAM. As other have mention 8 GB RAM is the absolute lowest sum if you want your PC to last for many years., but then you have to own a 64-bit Windows. When I am planning to buy a new PC I always choose out what components I want to have, and then wait a year and get those components for the half prize. Only that a product is 1 year old its still that high-end or mid-end good and NOT bad at all! To get your PC to last longer I highly recommend you to get two identical GPUs and run them in SLI/Crossfire, you will get almost the doubble quality/power when playing games. You will get more out of buying 2 "lesser" GPUs and run them togheder than buying 1 expensive GPU. To speed up the whole system I also recommend you to get two identical and smaller (say 60-80 GB each) SSDs and run them in RAID 0 mode and run them as system disc and install all your games on that, in that way you will get a great improvment overall! Then you can get a bigger HDD (2 TB) for a small cost and have all music, pictures and other media on that. Good luck!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.