audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Hello!
Back in December LG came out with some news about a series of monitors that had a 1MM Bezel. It was an IPS monitor. The DM series I believe one of the models was a DM92. They were supposed to show it off at CES2012 and from what I remember about CES2012 there was nothing about the monitor. I can only remember reading about their 55" OLED. What happened to this monitor it completely fell off the face of the Earth? Google searches bring up nothing new, from what I remember these monitors were supposed to start shipping in Feb to the USA.
Anyone have any ideas at all with this monitor? Does it still exist? Will it go into production?

(I'm curious to know if it could be wall mounted I doubt it since it is basically just a panel with all the connections on the base but maybe they will make the base detachable so we can still hook it on the wall and have the base hidden with the connections).

Any ideas?

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
What ever happened here?
The link at AVS forums points here
http://product.pchome.net/diy_lcd_lg_lgdm92/param_350699_846.html
It's in chinese so I don't understand it
Here are the "specs" though

Code:
DM92 series of basic parameters
Product Type
3D displays , LED display

Product Positioning
Design drawings

Screen size
27 inches

Screen ratio
16:9 (widescreen)

The best resolution
1920x1080

HD standards
1080p (Full HD)

Panel Type
Not flash 3D (IPS)

Backlight type
LED backlight

3D display
Polarized 3D

Static contrast
1000:1

Gray response time
5ms

I'm not sure how authentic they are though.

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Can anyone provide any news on this?
Did they just decide to stop all information about this monitor?
This monitor reminds me of when they suddenly decided to drop Judy from Family Matters. One episode to the next, she went upstairs and that was the last we ever heard of her, no one ever acknowledged her existence. It was like she never existed.
It seems like this monitor suffered the same fate.

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
I think it can only be 1 of 2 things
either one (the unlikely scenario) is they are preparing for something HUGE
of two (the likely one) that they completely failed on this monitor went back to the drawing board and make it seem as if nothing was ever even talked about with this monitor

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
I can't see anything that says its in Q2, just says first half this just looks like a dated article

For the Korean impaired

LG Monitor, IPS panels increase Make

Adopted by LG IPS panel monitor line-up is greatly enhanced.

LG Electronics advanced LED IPS panel monitor market to enhance the targeting has become one of the core competencies. LG Electronics is selling to monitor the way most TN panels gradually adopted, reduce drastically next year, IPS panel, the model was to increase. IPS panel monitor, model year, seven more than three times will increase to 23 next year. IPS panel TN panel compared to the price is high but have a wide viewing angle.

The LG IPS panel monitor 3D Cinema, Cinema 3D monitor for both TV, etc. by applying advanced LED monitor while promoting differentiation strategy, while premium brands, is planning to strengthen.

IPS (In-Plane Switching) method with a wide viewing angle of 178 degrees to a high color accuracy is the maximum strength. Unlike typical viewing angle panel and there is little change in the dalrajideo any color. The screen is bright and crisp images or graphics editing, the job is easier.

LG IPS monitor over the next year to introduce a new line-up next month. '2012 CES 'will be released first in the general.

IPS panel adopted the representative model DM92 Cinema 3D monitor bezel thickness of the border as a series of thin as 1mm larger immersive 3D images when watching. Stand in chrome design, the luxurious elegance of the premium was improved. LG Electronics is applying its own eco-friendly technology power consumption compared to existing IPS panel monitor has a maximum of 25% reduction.

LG Electronics 27 inches the first half of next year, DM92 Series products and the subsequent products on the market, South Korea plans to release one after another.

In addition to the LG Cinema 3D monitor for both series of DM92 DM52-TV series / DM82 Series, Cinema 3D monitor D43-series, including advanced LED IPS panel monitor IPS5 series applying a variety of products '2012 CES 'is in the public.

Suh, vice president of LG Electronics, IT Project Manager "Cinema 3D, IPS panel based on product differentiation, such as targeting the premium market lead in monitor market will continue to strengthen more," he said.

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
I guess the monitor didn't take off the way they expected. Had it not been for the above link I would have never known this monitor existed.
I guess it was all hype over nothing.