Sign in with
Your question
Solved

External monitor used to work/now it doesn't but it is still detected

Last response: in Windows 7
December 25, 2012 6:04:54 AM

I have an Acer Aspire 5741-5979 using a graphics card of Intel (R) graphics. This is a new issue I have had recently. I used to connect an external monitor to my laptop, and it worked fine. The issue is that the laptop still detects the external monitor but the external monitor does not receive a signal when I plug it in the VGA (blue trapezoid connector).

I have played around with the display options an exhausting amount of times and nothing works there. I tried what worked before (extending the display) and trying to clone it. I thought it might be a driver issue and I reinstalled the driver, but this didn't seem to help either. I have used many monitors when it worked, and also tried different monitors after it stopped working to no avail.

Any help is much! appreciated.

Edit: I am going to try to reinstall the driver for the third time in case I didn't do it properly. But is there any suggestions for what else might be the problem?

Best solution

a c 90 U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
December 25, 2012 6:22:09 AM

if you trie it on some monitors and worked just fine.

than it is the current monitor that is failed
December 25, 2012 6:29:09 AM

AMD Radeon said:
if you trie it on some monitors and worked just fine.

than it is the current monitor that is failed

I might have been unclear. My point was no matter what new monitor I use it doesn't work since the problem started. Whereas before the problem, any monitor I used worked.
m
l
December 25, 2012 5:52:47 PM

I'm just about to give up on this and order a new lcd panel instead. I try to use an external monitor because i cracked my screen, and it is basically unusable. But if anyone can pose a possible solution I would be very grateful !
m
l
Related resources
!